I have a new sim free Lumia 640 LTE but don't have the wifi calling option. What gives?

TrTame

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a new sim free Lumia 640 LTE but don't have the wifi calling option.

Just done the latest software update to 8.1 Update 2, I understood wifi calling was native and the option would appear as I've just upgraded from Orange to an EE 4G deal.
Tried calling EE but if it isn't a Samsung or Iphone they're lost, can anyone shed any light on what I need to do please?

TrTame

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have a new sim free Lumia 640 LTE but don't have the wifi calling option.

Tried your link but can find nothing on why I can't get the Wifi Calling option?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Tried your link but can find nothing on why I can't get the Wifi Calling option?

What is under settings > extras+info > Mobile operator xxx xx
Is it TMO-GB ?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

No it's 000-GB

Sorry but then it does not support wifi calling. Only the TMO-GB version and the TMO-US version) get wifi calling with the update.

TrTame

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Real shame that EE didn't tell me that when I renewed by Orange Business account with EE and it also shows that a lot of the reporting of the latest release is inaccurate.
Thanks for your help.

rabace

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have activated Wifi Calling on my Lumia 640. It works very well. But currently I can not find the option for it, to turn it off or on. Where is it?

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Just started using my TMo 640. On the one hand I like that Wi-Fi calling is a setting rather than an app - maybe it will work better for texts and such. But it's harder to get to it this way to change your settings. At least with update 2 you can pin the SIM setting to start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb