[Guide] De-branding AT&T Nokia Lumia 635/**820**

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just tried this on my old Lumia 820. When I got to the point to check for phone updates after editing the registry, it told me my phone was up to date. I went back to check the registry in the PfD app and verified that the changes were saved.

PhoneMobileOperatorName >> 000-22
PhoneManufacturerModelName >> RM-824_lta_lta1_223

I went through the whole process again, and still got the same result, so I just did another hard reset. This reset my manufacturer name to RM-824_nam_att_101 with the mobile operator as ATT_US according to the extras+info. Any ideas as to why my edit of the registry didn't allow a phone update to be found to complete the de-branding?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No. Would that matter though?
Yes it does. If you have reset protection ON then it does provide some kind of shielding against firmware flashing.

Any ideas as to why my edit of the registry didn't allow a phone update to be found to complete the de-branding?
The firmware update doesn't work because the AT&T Lumia 820 and the LTA ROM both are on Cyan release. When Denim gets released for the LTA ROM then the update will download. If you still want a Cyan ROM then flash the Lumia Black ROM on the AT&T 820 and then apply this trick, it will download the firmware to the unbranded Cyan ROM.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The firmware update doesn't work because the AT&T Lumia 820 and the LTA ROM both are on Cyan release. When Denim gets released for the LTA ROM then the update will download. If you still want a Cyan ROM then flash the Lumia Black ROM on the AT&T 820 and then apply this trick, it will download the firmware to the unbranded Cyan ROM.

Okay, that makes sense. I didn't see the status of the Mexico CV on the Microsoft support site because I was just looking in the North America phones rather than the Latin America section.

I just browsed through the support site, and I see that the Uraguay and Ecuador Country Variants are on Denim. Is there something special about the Mexico variant that makes it more compatible with an AT&T phone? The manufacturer names for these versions are RM-824_lta_lta1_237 and RM-824_lta_lta1_215, respectively.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there something special about the Mexico variant that makes it more compatible with an AT&T phone?

I would search the local UY&EC website to check their specs, if the phone supports the LTE bands from the US then you should be fine installing them. Again, do some research before making your move.

Papias

May 11, 2014
Visit site
OK. I NEED to go back to ATT branding (i guess, re-branding to ATT??). BUT I did not keep a record of default setting. Do any of you know what it is? Thanks.

My phone is Lumia 635 GoPhone. So I need to change back FROM:

PhoneMobileOperatorName >> 000-US >> Write
PhoneManufacturerModelName >> RM-975_1043 >> Write

TO ATT branding again. Please help. Thanks.

Bob Mickelson

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi to the forum..this is my first time posting here..I've been reading and learning. I want to de brand my Lumia 635. I just don't have the guts to pull the trigger 😏. I only have win XP at home&at my shop. I know to run the windows recovery pgm.I would need win7..So would I need it for doing the de brand?? Thanks Bob.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi to the forum..this is my first time posting here..I've been reading and learning. I want to de brand my Lumia 635. I just don't have the guts to pull the trigger ��. I only have win XP at home&at my shop. I know to run the windows recovery pgm.I would need win7..So would I need it for doing the de brand?? Thanks Bob.

Hi Bob, welcome to Windows Central forums!

I would suggest not performing this process at this time since you are new, plus you lack the software resources needed to perform this. I would rather have someone with a working phone than a partially bricked device. Plus Windows Mobile 10 is just round the corner so I would advice waiting for a couple of months and upgrade directly to WM10.

DudesonWP

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've purchased another Lumia 640, but this one is GoPhone. I successfully performed unbranding method with wife's Lumia 635 (GoPhone). Would this method work with Lumia 640, or is there anything else to un-brand it? What I really want, is those AT&T apps / branding gone and have as stock ROM as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Freire

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your tutorial, looks easy to follow, but I have a problem. I have an AT&T lumia 635 RM 975_1005 with OS 8.10.12397.895. I have tried every single day to look for updates, but nothing. I've been looking for a way to flash my phone and get Denim, but, when I found a good tutorial to do it, it says that I need a higher OS than the one I have. Please, help me to de brand my phone and get the newest OS. Thanks!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Would this method work with Lumia 640, or is there anything else to un-brand it?
It might work but I haven't tried it personally so not sure. Someone did post that they were unable to debrand their AT&T Lumia 640 with this method. Again as I said, I haven't tried it personally so can't say much.

Hi, thanks for your tutorial, looks easy to follow, but I have a problem. I have an AT&T lumia 635 RM 975_1005 with OS 8.10.12397.895. I have tried every single day to look for updates, but nothing. I've been looking for a way to flash my phone and get Denim, but, when I found a good tutorial to do it, it says that I need a higher OS than the one I have. Please, help me to de brand my phone and get the newest OS. Thanks!!!

Is this a prepaid AT&T branded 635? If yes then AT&T hasn't released the update for your phone yet. You can either follow this tutorial and debrand your device or just flash the AT&T postpaid ROM which has WP8.1 Update 2 w/ the latest firmware.

Xanthurum

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for that guide!!!

After many failures with other Tut's I finally managed to debrand my ATT Lumia 635. Without the ATT lock I also managed to flash a RM-974 ROM on the RM-975 origin after debranding the device. Everything's OK.

Looking forward trying to debrand my new Lumia 640 LTE ATT GoPhone when it arrives.

THX once more!!!

DudesonWP

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Make sure to post back your experience with Lumia 640 GoPhone de-branding. Also, it would be greatly appreciated if you let us know if there is anything special we have to do in order to make it successful. I did my wife's Lumia 635 first try, not a single problem. Wondering if it's possible to use same method for Lumia 640 GoPhone.

Thanks in advance!

sucusss

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Actually there is no North American Lumia 640 debranded ROM so I am trying to change from an AT&T to a T-Mobile device. I already got the SIM unlock code and unlocked the phone.
I was using "RM-1073_1001" and "TMO-US". I tried to flash using 059X0P7 ROM and got an error. I have a T-Mobile Lumia 640 so I know the codes are correct. Again, I am trying to change my unlocked AT&T Lumia 640 to a T-Mobile Lumia 640 this way I can use it on either carrier.
I had success changing an AT&T Lumia 635 to a T-Mobile lumia 635 with wifi calling and everything.

how did you convert a att 635 to a t-mobile 635? got a link? I'm trying to do the same thing but can't find any info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans