720 to 920 or wait ....

oldgitst

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I have been using a 720 for last couple of years and Im pretty happy with it and the wp experience.
The choice I have at the moment is:-

I can get a nearly new 930 for ?180 sim free
I can get a good condition iPhone 5s for approx. ?190
OR
I can keep my 720 until a 940 appears but pay a lot more.....presumably.

I like the touch id and the feel of the iPhone BUT do find apple a bit bland....
I like glance on my 720 but I do not overly use it - at night the blacks not black and omits a glow.....
Not tried wireless charging but think I may like it...
I can get an 830 for pretty much the same price but cant see that offers me heaps more than the 720....

I am not convinced I will love/like the squareness and size of the 930 BUT at ?180 it does seem like a fairly good deal nowadays and presumably its successor is going to be ALOT more to buy ....

Any advice fellas much appreciated...

cheers
og

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Better stick with your 720. WPers are known for their patience. :p
If not, then I'd recommend the 5S. And this is coming from a hardcore WP fan. :(
The 930 has been the worst WP flagship till date from Nokia/Microsoft.

ArrowQueen

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The "940" will cost you a lot more. I'd go for the 930 or the 5s. I personally prefer the 930 (big screen, better camera, WP...).

oldgitst

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The "940" will cost you a lot more. I'd go for the 930 or the 5s. I personally prefer the 930 (big screen, better camera, WP...).

cheers for that, im kind of coming round to that way of thinking.... for all the thoughts of waiting for a 940, the end result will be a sim free phone costing probably ?400 or more.....(I guess) and I just cant see me being comfortable offloading that amount of money and will probably hum and ha for ages by which time a 950 will be on the horizon lol
Yes the 940 should/will be a better phone BUT in reality it should be... its probably twice the cost.....

On a side note, my 720 is on my home ms outlook account / if I buy new I want to put it on my work ms oultlook account.... how do I get the contacts etc etc over ? seems silly you cant sign in and out of ms accounts :(

cheers
og

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Better stick with your 720. WPers are known for their patience. :p
If not, then I'd recommend the 5S. And this is coming from a hardcore WP fan. :(
The 930 has been the worst WP flagship till date from Nokia/Microsoft.

I beg to differ re: 930 "worst flagship" but to each his own. How long did you use your 930?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb