How many of you have the GREEN 1520

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The green Nokia Lumia 1520, the one exclusive to AT&T came out post spring 2014 ( I can't seem to find the exact availability), making these green 1520's much newer than the old 2013 ones in circulation.

So my question is are these newer Lumia 1520's free of the "ghost taps"?? If you have a 1520 that was made later in 2014 around this time, do you have "ghost taps"??

I really want to go back to the 1520, but I am so afraid of buying one that'll have bad "ghost taps", because if I get a plagued 1520, not only will it be a pain to use, but I'll most likely have to sell it for less than what I paid for it, and then have just lost money.

Will the Microsoft store even tend to people with "ghost taps"??:crying:

Last edited:

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I got one, I have absolutely no ghost taps. My 1520.3 before it never had it either, then again I never put it in my front pocket. When touch sensitivity is on high as you can imagine the screen is super sensitive to the point where it may appear to be an issue but it's just a feature that can be turned off. I keep my touch sensitivity on normal and I have absolutely no ghost radios on my GREEN 1520

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the green one, had the swipe/tap issue horribly.
Sent it in to Nokia Repair here in the US so it could be fixed.
Three weeks later, still hadn't gotten it back so I called support. They said they couldn't find the repair status. Another week goes by and they ship me a white one back. :(

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the green one, had the swipe/tap issue horribly.
Sent it in to Nokia Repair here in the US so it could be fixed.
Three weeks later, still hadn't gotten it back so I called support. They said they couldn't find the repair status. Another week goes by and they ship me a white one back. :(

Sorry to hear that... Did you keep it in your front pocket often?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Ghost taps are solved by an update which was released long ago, and if you are really ham fisted (see: me) turn off glance screen and high sensitivity and its fine.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It's in repair temporarily, because the camera sensor has a white section at the bottom.
And since I'm in the US, it will take a month or so before I get it back from repair.

A MONTH?!?!?!

I'm in the U.S also and I've had to send my old 925 into Nokia repair to be repaired, I would always get a free UPS two day shipping label for it to be sent to Fort Worth, Texas repair center and then it would be on its way back within days... and that was only maybe a month before the Nokia website was completely finished being transformed into a Microsoft branded site

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
A MONTH?!?!?!

I'm in the U.S also and I've had to send my old 925 into Nokia repair to be repaired, I would always get a free UPS two day shipping label for it to be sent to Fort Worth, Texas repair center and then it would be on its way back within days... and that was only maybe a month before the Nokia website was completely finished being transformed into a Microsoft branded site

Well I did get free UPS shipping, but where I live nothing is ever two day shipping. I've sent my 1520 into the repair facility like 4 times, and it's spent about 3-4 weeks at the repair facility each time, and the screen issue was never fixed.(it was worse than the generic swipe/tap issue; touching the top left of the screen would activate cortana or scroll wildly). I bought my green 1520 at Christmas, and I have yet to have it working properly, since after about 4 times sending it back to fix the screen issue they replaced it with a white one that has a faulty camera sensor. (the bottom 10% or so of the sensor fades to white). My experience with their repair center has been an absolute joke and it's completely soured my experience with windows phone.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I did get free UPS shipping, but where I live nothing is ever two day shipping. I've sent my 1520 into the repair facility like 4 times, and it's spent about 3-4 weeks at the repair facility each time, and the screen issue was never fixed.(it was worse than the generic swipe/tap issue; touching the top left of the screen would activate cortana or scroll wildly). I bought my green 1520 at Christmas, and I have yet to have it working properly, since after about 4 times sending it back to fix the screen issue they replaced it with a white one that has a faulty camera sensor. (the bottom 10% or so of the sensor fades to white). My experience with their repair center has been an absolute joke and it's completely soured my experience with windows phone.

Ive got a similar experience. It took them 1 month and a few days to get it repaired. When i got it back it had dust in the camera and a tiny missing part on my sim card holder. Sent it in again, solved. Then the plastic didnt seem as solid as before and was making annoying noises (suspect that the guy forcefully opened it), sent it in again, said i had to pay Rm276.50, declined and got MS to help. Rectified the issue but now flash doesnt work on the new case, sending it in today which will be my 7th visit and i hope nothing goes wrong anymore, getting so tired of this. By the way im using a 920 (Malaysia).

Also, these care centers are usually just 'Authorised' and not owned by Nokia/MS.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Ive got a similar experience. It took them 1 month and a few days to get it repaired. When i got it back it had dust in the camera and a tiny missing part on my sim card holder. Sent it in again, solved. Then the plastic didnt seem as solid as before and was making annoying noises (suspect that the guy forcefully opened it), sent it in again, said i had to pay Rm276.50, declined and got MS to help. Rectified the issue but now flash doesnt work on the new case, sending it in today which will be my 7th visit and i hope nothing goes wrong anymore, getting so tired of this. By the way im using a 920 (Malaysia).

Also, these care centers are usually just 'Authorised' and not owned by Nokia/MS.

This is exactly why I am SO GRATEFUL to have a local Microsoft store where costumer service is excellent and a lot of times you can walk out with a replacement the same day if your having issues... (with a fairly popular & promoted Device of course (surface 3/pro3, any modern Lumia device, etc), so don't expect to walk in with some international Chinese windows phone and walk out with a replacement, or even any form of help)...

I was once having an issue with my Surface keyboard, and they quickly replaced it for me without even asking any more than two questions! The worker was even nice enough to let me choose a different color!

Another time my surface had a dead pixel, and they gave me a new one, restored it from my old backup, and even gave me refreshments while I waited.

Not to mention both my Surface Pro 3 & it's Type Cover 3 were bought online from a third party seller.

They didn't ask to see any proof of the device being in warranty or anything either. They just got straight to helping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss