How can I sync my Lumia 925 with Outlook 2007?

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 925 Sync with Outlook 2007

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for your assistance and patience as I'm a newbie with my Windows Phone. I have a Lumia 925 that I am very happy with. I've spent the past few hours searching for information on how to sync the calendar, tasks, etc. from Outlook 2007 on my Windows 7 laptop with my 925 and now my brain hurts.

I have a gmail account that I use for all my email and on my laptop use Outlook 2007 for that gmail address. I also use Outlook 2007 for my calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. I currently can successfully sync only the email to my phone and when I looked in the settings the only option to sync is "email". I've downloaded and installed the "Outlook Connector" utility for my Outlook 2007, but I'm still at a loss as how to sync my laptop's Outlook 2007 with my 925 phone.

Is this even possible? With Windows 10 coming out next month for my laptop (I do plan on upgrading to Win10) and Win10 for my phone coming out sometime later, is it even worth bothering with now if it will be easier and hopefully possible to do so when both are on 10?

Again, thank you for your assistance and recommendations.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 Sync with Outlook 2007

Have a look at this program. It synchs Outlook with Win Phones, iPhones and Android. I've used it for over three years and couldn't live without it.

Akruto Sync

ntvtxn

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

I checked out Windows 10 for sync and this feature isn't there. So we have to continue relying on specialty sync software like aximtreo mentioned.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for the information, everyone. It's a bit frustrating that a Windows laptop can't communicate with a Windows phone and we are stuck relying on a third-party program that you have to pay $35.00 for. I'm glad there IS such a program, but why in the world Microsoft wouldn't make their own devices talk to each other leaves me wondering. Hearing that with Windows 10 (the "one" OS for all devices) we continue to have this problem is frustrating to say the least. When I purchased a Windows phone I thought syncing information would so easy. Turns out I was quite incorrect.

Well, enough grumbling from me, and again thank you for the solution to my situation. I will download the seven day free-trial and see how it goes. Thanks and have a GREAT weekend, everyone! :excited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Oddly enough, it communicates with outlook.com but not the outlook resident in the office packages. Try to explain that to someone at MS with a straight face.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

What MS is doing isn't the direct sync of Palm Desktop/Hotsync (Palm OS), ActiveSync (Windows Mobile), Blackberry Blend (BB 10) - their syncing is with their web services tying devices together.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Do you think syncing would work with Outlook 2007 and my Windows Phone if I was using my Microsoft Account email address (an outlook.com address) instead of a gmail account? I don't like the idea of having to abandon my gmail email, but if just going with my outlook.com email address would make it possible to still use Outlook 2007 on my laptop and have that all sync together between my laptop and Windows Phone, I'd be willing to go that route. What do you think - is it possible?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem is google does not support EAS anymore for free accounts.

I have a google apps business account which allows EAS support. I have my "gmail" account set up in outlook 2k13 using google apps sync for outlook.

My "gmail" account Is also set up on my phone and I have the options to sync Email/Contacts/Calender

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon