How can I answer/reject calls by voice command?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

answer/reject calls by voice command

im disabled and cant answer my new Lumia 640 windows 8.1 phone when it rings. does anyone know of or can make an app that wil enable me to answer incoming calls by voice command with speaker turned on.

ive seen an app called Tasker for android phones and a tutorial to make just that on youtube this would be perfect if imilar was available or windows phone 8.1

thx in advance

john howe

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: answer/reject calls by voice command

i just joined. that is my question above, i posted it before i joined.. would be very grateful if you please answer to me with any help..l

thank you

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
While the Windows Phone API has not allowed an app like Tasker to be built, there is another alternative, but it involves buying additional hardware.

There are Bluetooth products on the market that will enable you to answer or reject calls by simply saying, "Answer" or "Ignore" when a call comes in (or whatever words are tied to that particular product.) I'm not sure if there is a product that will suit your needs specifically, but the one I used was a Bluetooth headset by Plantronics: Voyager Legend. It has a long battery life and is very comfortable to wear. It has the added advantage of announcing the caller's name in your ear if the caller is in your contacts list, or will tell you the phone number calling if they are not in the contact list. There are other products that do the same thing, but I can't really speak for how well they work. I know the voice quality and noise reduction on the Legend is second to none in my personal experience, and it being waterproof up to 3M for 90 minutes is also a plus. Rain was never a problem, and neither was the time I forgot I was wearing it when I jumped into a swimming pool. Yeah, I often forgot I was wearing it because it was so comfortable and light.

This is the only, truly reliable way to do it. While a Tasker like app could benefit some, the hardware solution that I mentioned is going to be more reliable. Unfortunately, ending a call still requires the use of a hand to either disconnect using the phone handset or by pressing the button on the headset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss