Friend's 920 - SIM ERROR

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Posting here after an eon. I am going to assume this is in the wrong section too cause I've literally forgotten the how's and the why's.

Anyways, moving on:

I am getting a SIM ERROR :

920B1-1024x576.jpg

I tried a couple of times removing it and inserting it again. No luck.

Is it because I Factory RESET the phone WITHOUT a SIM card?

I can try once again WITH the SIM card inside. What do you guys think? Any way I can solve this?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Posting here after an eon. I am going to assume this is in the wrong section too cause I've literally forgotten the how's and the why's.

Anyways, moving on:

I am getting a SIM ERROR :

View attachment 106115

I tried a couple of times removing it and inserting it again. No luck.

Is it because I Factory RESET the phone WITHOUT a SIM card?

I can try once again WITH the SIM card inside. What do you guys think? Any way I can solve this?

looks like a locked phone. This is the message you get trying to use a locked phone

​Are you in another country than your home county? Is this a new phone bought used?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It belongs to a friend and it is completely unlocked. And btw that photo isn't my phone's actual photo. The error is the same though. My friend bought it in India, used it in LAOS and now I am in the UAE.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on this? My 920 started doing this today; no new network, no new carrier. Just sitting at home and it pops up.

0jonadams

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I had this for a while. Doing a restart would temporarily fix it.

After it happened a bunch of times I took out the sim card and cleaned out the sim slot and the contacts on the sim card. Hasn't happened again since.

I think it's caused by an issue with the sim reader not being able to communicate with the sim card due to dirt/grime build up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon