Can the Lumia 520 run windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a friend who was using lumia 520 and the phone became unusable just after the update as all apps including calling and messaging would not open...

I also use the same phone and wanted to test the same Win10 preview but now hesitating...

Has anyone done this successfully on Lumia 520?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a friend who was using lumia 520 and the phone became unusable just after the update as all apps including calling and messaging would not open...

I also use the same phone and wanted to test the same Win10 preview but now hesitating...

Has anyone done this successfully on Lumia 520?

Yes it is possible but as you know a preview can and will have bugs and it is not advised to use it on your daily driver. Tell your friend to do a hard reset and see how it turns out.
And before you use the preview on your phone download and test the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, first, because this is the only way back.

And do not forget "Don't do the Crime if you can't do the Time.

BlackGoku

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I am using it with the latest build 10512 and its ******* faster than windows 8 but yes it has some bugs and i use some work arounds and sometimes restarts but i'm enjoying it more than windows 8. Still i would not recommend you to install it unless ur windows 8 is running crap. And if u do then format ur phone after installing the preview. It will work better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss