Did anyone else get Denim on their AT&T Lumia 635?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Debranding will change your ROM to the unbranded US Denim ROM for the 635. Currently the latest OS version for it is Update 1 but eventually it would be updated to Update 2 and a newer firmware enabling Reset Protection (don't see a reason for Microsoft not to enable it).

Or if you still want to stick with an AT&T ROM then the prepaid phone can be flashed to the postpaid Denim ROM directly using Nokia Product Support Tool.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Or if you still want to stick with an AT&T ROM then the prepaid phone can be flashed to the postpaid Denim ROM directly using Nokia Product Support Tool.
Okay, I'd like to try doing just that. Where do I get the Nokia Product Support Tool and the postpaid Denim ROM for the AT&T 635?

EDIT: So far, I've found this information.
RM-975
059W380 VAR NAM US AT&T POSTPAID SL
059V714 VAR NAM US AT&T PREPAID SL

Currently I've got the RM-975_1043, but I'm not sure with the above 2 variants how to specify: RM-975_????

How do I change that variant between Postpaid and Prepaid?

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Remember you've already unbranded you're device and the only way for you to go back would be to perform the registry edit and redownload the AT&T firmware.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Remember you've already unbranded you're device and the only way for you to go back would be to perform the registry edit and redownload the AT&T firmware.

Yes, I know I need to perform the registry edit and redownload the firmware. What I'm trying to get at is: "I need to know what registry edits need to be made."

I don't want to go to the same firmware I had before, because that was the prepaid firmware. I want to tell it that it is the postpaid phone so that I can get the post paid firmware to enable getting GDR2 from AT&T that way. I want to test to see if the reset protection feature really does get enabled with that update, and the only way would be for me to change the firmware to do so.

I'm assuming I could follow the "unbranding" instructions, but insert the proper registry edits to get to the AT&T postpaid 635 firmware. Just need to know what that would be.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I got the Denim update on my AT&T Lumia 635 with GDR 2. Did anyone else get this update?

Arturo, can you tell me what the full RM# is shown in your "extras+info" for "Manufacturer Name?" Should be in the format of RM-975_????. What is the full name there, including those last 4 digits? Also, I'm assuming for Mobile Operator it says "ATT-US"? Please give Configuration ID as well.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I know I need to perform the registry edit and redownload the firmware. What I'm trying to get at is: "I need to know what registry edits need to be made."

I don't want to go to the same firmware I had before, because that was the prepaid firmware. I want to tell it that it is the postpaid phone so that I can get the post paid firmware to enable getting GDR2 from AT&T that way. I want to test to see if the reset protection feature really does get enabled with that update, and the only way would be for me to change the firmware to do so.

I'm assuming I could follow the "unbranding" instructions, but insert the proper registry edits to get to the AT&T postpaid 635 firmware. Just need to know what that would be.
I can do that once I'm home. But if you really want it now then you can get it from the .vpl file for the product code.

walrusmonarch

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Arturo, can you tell me what the full RM# is shown in your "extras+info" for "Manufacturer Name?" Should be in the format of RM-975_????. What is the full name there, including those last 4 digits? Also, I'm assuming for Mobile Operator it says "ATT-US"? Please give Configuration ID as well.

The postpaid ATT rom from NaviFirm Plus is this:

RM975_02173.00000.15154.50010_RETAIL_prod_signed_1035_021471_ATT-US

So, from that the four digits you are looking for are: 1035 and the operator is ATT-US

kramium

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Debranding will change your ROM to the unbranded US Denim ROM for the 635. Currently the latest OS version for it is Update 1 but eventually it would be updated to Update 2 and a newer firmware enabling Reset Protection (don't see a reason for Microsoft not to enable it).

Thank you for this tip...i successfully flashed the 059W380 ROM.. my L635 GoPhone 059V714 now officially have Denim + WP 8.1 GDR2

I had used NaviFirm+ & WPID to download and flash the at&t Rom

stefanorickeets

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Did anyone else get Denim on their AT&T Lumia 635?

Thank you for this tip...i successfully flashed the 059W380 ROM.. my L635 GoPhone 059V714 now officially have Denim + WP 8.1 GDR2

I had used NaviFirm+ & WPID to download and flash the at&t Rom

If it's not too much to ask, could you please post instructions on how you achieved conversion of your L635 GoPhone to the postpaid version using those software. Download links?

Last edited:

kramium

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Did anyone else get Denim on their AT&T Lumia 635?

By following this topic [Tutorial] How to flash an Lumia device in XDA forum

all you need to know is the product code for NaviFirm+, use : 059W380

donwnload the correct FFU file (1.7 GB), and flash you phone with "Windows Phone Image Designer software".

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm wanting to flash to the 059W380 ROM, but it is a Sim Locked ROM. My device has already been unlocked. Is this going to cause it to be locked again? Is there a definitive answer?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm wanting to flash to the 059W380 ROM, but it is a Sim Locked ROM. My device has already been unlocked. Is this going to cause it to be locked again? Is there a definitive answer?
It should not, but if it does, you still have the unlock code, right? Just enter it again.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Alrighty, then. As long as the unlock code is always good for the IMEI that I have, I guess that shouldn't be an issue. It's saved in my email.

Not going to have a chance to download the ROM until the weekend. Still planning the big birthday bash for tomorrow, so won't get a chance until Sunday.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Instead of flashing the AT&T Postpaid ROM, I decided to enter the RM-975_1035 for it into the registry.

I had already done the hack to get Denim and Update 2, but after changing the registry entry to make it look like the AT&T Postpaid L635, I checked for updates, and an update is available. I'll have to wait until I'm on Wi-Fi to download it, but as far as I can tell, the only thing I'm missing that the AT&T update was supposed to have is the reset protection. Either that, or AT&T has an additional update to the Update 2 that I wasn't aware of.

Looking forward to it. I don't have Wi-Fi at home, though, and may not have access until Sunday. I'll let you know if I get the reset protection after the update installs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz