How can I stop advertisements opening in Internet Explorer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Advertising on internet explorer

I own a lumia 730 and about a week, started opening advertisements in the browser. To solve the problem, I used the hard reset with backup, as the problem continued, I did the hard reset again without backup. The problem persists and the same occurs in the uc browser. I wonder if there is any way to solve it, because the only thing we have not tried was the wp recovery tool. I also believe that this virus is also in my notebook, because they appear in all advertisements it browsers, but there is no program or extension recently installed and the antivirus does not identify anything (use avast). I know that seems like a more targeted problem for my windows, but also reaches the wp and I do not know what to do.
ps: I am Brazilian and my level of English is basic, so I used the google translator.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Advertising on internet explorer

Ads showing up on websites ia normal, thats how the site makes some money. There is nothing wrong with them. Some site however have no advertisements. To be less targeted try cleaning your browsing history and cookies(use Ccleaner for PC). For your phone go to settings- applications - I. Explorer - delete history, do the same for search. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos