GDR2 on Lumia 830 and battery life

rcciren

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I updated my unlocked Lumia 830 to GDR2 as soon as it became available. Overall it's gone well with one BIG issue. My battery life has nose-dived. Overnight, my use between charges has gone from approx. 18 hours to less than 6. I've been through Battery Saver disabling anything that runs in the background but that's made almost no difference. Anyone else seeing this (I've read a similar thread in the M8 forum)? Any suggestions. Oh, and when I used Here Drive the other day, the phone lasted an hour and became ridiculously hot. Something's clearly not right.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i didnt see any differences with battery on my 830 gdr2 here drive is like that on all phones. it just sucks battery and cpu.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
only noticed for a few hours, but I believe that was due to all the app and system updates. It is now back to where it was before gdr2. Have you tried to force battery saver on and see if that improves it? Could be a misbehaving app.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed any change from updating to GDR2. I did go back through my apps list after the update and disable allowing many of them to operate in the background.

plotsucker

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
It looks like the phone is sending all the time when wifi is turned on (arrow above wifi symbol is always visible) even if i disable all backround tasks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the phone is sending all the time when wifi is turned on (arrow above wifi symbol is always visible) even if i disable all backround tasks.

maybe some account is stuck syncing or its downloading an app update?
does it persist after a restart?

maiduchieu

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. The battery drains much faster after I updated my 830 to GDR2. And I noticed another issue: The battery percentage is sometimes incorrect. One time it jumped from 87% to 95% even when not charging.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
830 with gdr2 and my battery sometimes can't hold full 24h mark, it go around 16-18h. That's bad?
Also, phone heat alot more during charges..i tried reset it's same.
Samo thing with 1520 after denim upgrade, damn i'm unlucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos