My Tmobile had the Lumia 640

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Walmart "prepaid" version and the Tmobile version of the 640? I'm currently on tmobile contract (NOT a Tmobile prepaid customer) and wondering if I pick up the cheaper Walmart version if it will work the same as the more expensive Tmobile version.
yeah its the same phone.. install your existing sim card and thats all.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Walmart "prepaid" version and the Tmobile version of the 640? I'm currently on tmobile contract (NOT a Tmobile prepaid customer) and wondering if I pick up the cheaper Walmart version if it will work the same as the more expensive Tmobile version.

Nope same phone just sold cheaper

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I went in to my local T-Mobile store today, two employees were in the store and they both stared at me like I was speaking some foreign language. Both of them said they'd never even heard of the phone and had no idea when or if it was even coming. Yes this is a corporate store at that but they both just seemed so clueless about the phone.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I went in to my local T-Mobile store today, two employees were in the store and they both stared at me like I was speaking some foreign language. Both of them said they'd never even heard of the phone and had no idea when or if it was even coming. Yes this is a corporate store at that but they both just seemed so clueless about the phone.
I stopped in one tonight and the two employees there knew it was coming, thought it was tomorrow. They said they didn't have any in store but did confirm the price at $130. They then tried to tell me not to downgrade from the M8. Told me 8GB of storage isn't enough. That said, when I look at Storage Sense on my M8, between music and apps that's the bulk of my storage. I can install my apps to the SD card, put my music there, so I think I'll be OK since I have a 64GB SD card ready to install. Anyone feel differently?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Just picked mines up at walmart $100

eae051616e6630d461ce8fa805f018a4.jpg

48b175d278bed33ed6eda39e5eadc304.jpg

c9bfb14c76d748a0ef5188b3142a62bc.jpg

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
What state are you in? (If you don't mind me asking).

They didn't have them in the WM in East Orlando yesterday.

Last edited:

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at walmart last night too, Alabama. The phone is great. Rode it on my motorcycle this morning on the rammount. Screen was perfect in the sunlight.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
What state are you in? (If you don't mind me asking).

They didn't have them in the WM in East Orlando yesterday.

I drove to like 3 different walmarts 2 yesterday and one this morning the one tho morning actually had it on the shelf

I'm in Chicago IL

Trying to decide to put 10 on here or not now it runs great noticeably beter than the 635... The vibrate has like a stereo feel to it I guess if u can understand that lol

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I drove to like 3 different walmarts 2 yesterday and one this morning the one tho morning actually had it on the shelf

I'm in Chicago IL

Trying to decide to put 10 on here or not now it runs great noticeably beter than the 635... The vibrate has like a stereo feel to it I guess if u can understand that lol

I noticed that too about the vibration.

venious

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I agree that 8gb is low, but you can work around it as long as you are willing. Moving your music to your SD card is an option, or using a cloud service instead (pandora or xbox music, etc). Also Windows 10, which may possibly release this Fall, is also supposed to free up some space requirements, so System doesn't take up 4gb like it does now, and that may give you back maybe 500mb-1gb. I don't have a ton of apps installed on my 635, yet I'm using 1.7gb of space for apps and their files. Because I don't have pictures and videos going to my SD card, those are taking up about 1gb currently. That only leaves me with about 400mb of breathing space.

TwoBitWhackJob

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Did they have other colors, or just the white?

I'd like to pick up the Cyan version, and wonder if Wally will have it or if I need to go through T-Mo to get it.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got the only one they had in North Olmsted, Ohio. They had it on the rack. Checked another Wally and they don't have any phones out except the sub-$20 ones. Had a rep go in the back to check and they had none. Bummer as I'm interested in several (we have eight 810's in my immediate family and four of them have battery issues, albeit at least three of them are attributed to harsh work environments). Glad to find one at least though, so I can tinker and see if it really is the best option for the rest of us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99