2nd mic fail (conspiracy theory)

arenon

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Same issue on my Lumia 930. No mic when on speaker during a call.
I've installed WP 10. No only the mic is still not working, but now I have another problem: there is no more sound when shooting a video.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I will wait a few more weeks, so they got aware of the problem and just change the phone at start, dont wanna spend months without it

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Glad I get 24 months warranty in the UK as mine is 14 months old. Can't be without a phone so will send in for repair when I decide on my next phone. 950xl or back to iPhone...........
posted via tapatalk

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
if you go to the Microsoft support for L930, this issue has been reported since L930 came out. it seems that users outside of the States are not that important due to the model is predominantly released as an unlocked phone for the rest of the world as opposed the lumia icon.

check on this page and go to all the pages. so many reports of mic failures

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate-mdlumia900?tab=Threads

so waiting for MS to notice the problem will not do you any good, IMHO.

Maybe what I wrote was not so clear; I want repair center to be aware of the issue and also that the new phone I will get is not from the affected batch. Basicly I want the stock to clear all rotten phones. My phone is only 3 months old and vietnam version but still have issues with mics 3 and 4, so Id really hate if I send it back to repair, they give me a "new" phone and it will be affected again. Thats why I'll give them a bit of a space :)

Guillermo R

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I guess a good solution is to ask MS to software redirect the mic to any other mic (the phone has 4 mics) so we can use it as a Speakerphone mic. It's just a software fix for the 930, and maybe not that difficult to address. Now, in W10M I cant even record audio in video recording, something weird thinking that we have 4 mics!!!! Cortana works, phone call works, so at least there is one mic working... please redirect though software the mic, I dont care to have 2 or 3 mics instead of 4 if I can use all the functions! (My 930 is from another country, no warranty, no repair in my country...)

kanrakuuuu

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
In 8.1 even with the broken mic if you select 5.1 audio recording it sounds almost the same in videos, since it's using the other three mics. With Windows 10 at the moment the preview build is generic and so records only in mono, and it seems that it happens to use the 930 mic which is often getting broken, so no sound. Hopefully once the RTM version of Windows 10 is released the ROM for the 930 will be customized for it again so we'll be able to do 5.1 recording once more and get a fairly good-quality recording done.

Unfortunately that won't help with speakerphone though. MS would save a lot of money in repairs and replacements if they just changed the software to use mic three on the front instead of mic four, but then they've never been particularly joined up as a company so I doubt that'll happen.

Florin Micle

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, the infamous 2nd mic stopped working a few months ago. This weekend I installed W10 on my 930 and now the problems are a bit different. Video is recorded without any sound whatsoever, which sucks, because that makes the videos pretty much useless. "Hey Cortana" was a b-i-t-c-h to train, I must have said it at least 30 times, but once the training was completed I have the feeling that it works much better than it did on WP8.1. Even the voice recognition is considerably better than it was before. Speaker calls still not working. I've already pre-ordered a 950XL, I'll take the 930 to the store after I get the 950XL and see if I can get it fixed before I put it on eBay.

jeag888

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
sent mine to repair, they replaced some mics
but the issue is still there :(
just did some testing (extracted the audio from a recorded video) and the audio recorded is again much dim on the left side
what should I do? should I send the phone back to repair? should I wait for W10?
2015-12-14 15.24.08.png

Last edited:

Vega625

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello,got a L930, franch 2nd hand, same problem with the mic during a loudspeacker call, but video is OK, still audio recording with 3rd party apps reveals no sound.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
not sure if this will make you happy deepak12345, but mine was in holding, waiting for parts for more than 3 months. It was a NL country variant. Thankfully, the dealer agreed to help me out with another phone (albeit a refurb/returned model).

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
not sure if this will make you happy deepak12345, but mine was in holding, waiting for parts for more than 3 months. It was a NL country variant. Thankfully, the dealer agreed to help me out with another phone (albeit a refurb/returned model).

Ahh. Can't i ask them to return the phone un repaired.? Int the condition i gave it???

Last edited:

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Last time I contacted care they said they would check and call me back but they never did call me back. I guess they were lying when they said that the repair centre had sent it back to the care centre . hmm this will lead me to the last option Android and I would just buy a nexus 5x . right now as I had a bad backup device (lumia 625) bought a honor and pretty much loving it. They are just gonna lose one more fan.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on Honor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo