2nd mic fail (conspiracy theory)

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely software related.

My mic stopped working completely before Denim, but after the update Skype and Cortana works, but using the phone for hands-free calling doesn't. Also some apps work others don't, it's a bit hit and miss...but annoying....

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
and what about video-recording ? You have recorded boh chanels ? because when i play recorded video on PC it has sound only on right speaker.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
So its look like problem not only for me :D im glad and sad together :D

So its SW or HW ? maybe someone could try flash cyan / first FW avalible for 930 to see if its HW.

Black icon

May 15, 2015
Visit site
The real question is what are they (Microsoft) waiting for before fixing this software issue with the mic.
This is getting really sad now.

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Definitely a software issue.. Mics were working fine before but not now. I had to rollback my 930 from Windows 10 to 8.1. I noticed this issue just after that.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
cant be SW, because when you test it in Test-Mode in Nokia Care Suite and not working its HW problem.

Maybe yours working for some time at beggining, but now its HW failure.

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
cant be SW, because when you test it in Test-Mode in Nokia Care Suite and not working its HW problem.

Maybe yours working for some time at beggining, but now its HW failure.
Hope its not.. I can't live with a smart phone that doesn't allow me to use speaker phone or can do music ID.. Will test my phone and comment back.

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Nokia care suite > Product support tool for store.
Says product not supported. How to run the tests? I am on 8.1 update 1

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
What version NCS installed ? I have 5.4.119.1432
When you launch product support tool - connect phone, then on left panel sys Normal Mode - switch it to TestMode.
Then you can test whatever you want. After that switch it back to normal mode.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Just did the tests on my 5 months old 930. No problems, only mic 3 and 4 came a bit quiet.

tamanasi make sure you download the cfg file and sign in the nokia care servers (username/password should be blank).

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I was not able to test it and went for a hard reset, hoping it would solve the issue. And here I land into another trouble. :(
Earlier the mic was not working. But now the mic icon itself is gone from the messaging app. I remember having it there till yesterday, but now its not. And yes the speakerphone issue is still unsolved. No voice recordings/music IDs in my smartphone. :angry:
Whats happening with these 930s? Definitely #L930 is the most #buggy #Flagship ever made.
wp_ss_20150713_0001.jpg

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Language, region set to English? Microphone icon in messenger app is for speech recognition afaik. No mic icon here with lang/region set to Polish. From what I see you have input set to Hindi.

Ps.
If you manage to get the Nokia tool to work in test mode please do check the audio levels on Mic 3 and 4. Both of them were barely audible in my unit. You could hear them recording audio, but at very low levels. Mic 1 and 2 provided audio on normal level. It's just might be that your "Mic 2" might actually be #3 or #4 in Nokia tool.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb