Can I get some help with emails receiving & deleting problems on my Lumia 640?

umpdv5000

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Problem with emails receiving & deleting on Lumia 640

Hi all, I have recently bought a Nokia Lumia 640 LTE. I'm getting around it non too bad but I've a problem with emails on my pop3 blueyonder account. I'm pretty good at setting up email accounts but on the Lumia there doesn't seem be an access to certain email facilities as there is on a pc.
Problem 1. When I set up my POP3 Blueyonder account (which is my main use email address) I find that I can send emails but not receive them. The problem lies in the fact that there are at least 2 or 3 other pc's picking up the same emails from the server and my configurations on my set up Lumia is on a first come first served basis. To over come this (as I have done on the other pc's) is to write recent: followed by your email address at the configuration point where you are prompted for you user name in the receiving mail section (email address). However, on the Lumia, once you have put your email address and password into the opening page of a new account, it simply self configures this as just you email address and you are unable to alter this to add the word recent: to it. Concequently, to get around this, I added another account with the same email address with the word recent: before it, so as this would automatically configure itself in the user name section. Adding this allows you to pickup emails from the server when using multiple pc's picking up the same emails. This second account receives emails just fine, but I can't send emails from it. I could live with this, but it would be nice if anyone has a trick on how to access the user name section that ceases to be highlighted after the initial set up page?
Problem 2. After my second account had pulled in a weeks worth of emails that I had already seen on one of my pc's, I deleted them. This created a knock on effect on my other email collecting pc's. That is it deleted those mails from the server as soon as I had deleted them from the Lumia and if that pc hadn't picked up that email before I had deleted them, it couldn't pick them up as they were now in the bin on the server site. Again, there is no access to a page as with a normal pc email setup, to tick that little box that says... leave a copy on the server after deleting. Anyone got an answer to this?

umpdv5000

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can I get some help with emails receiving & deleting problems on my Lumia 640?

I regard this as quite a serious issue for anyone who needs to take and send emails on the move using a central email address. My hotmail account works fine but everyone doesn't use hotmail accounts for their business mail. I'm pretty sure that it could be cured with a software update if microsoft took the time to make one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium