01-01-2016 12:55 PM
32 12
tools
    How does the battery life really compare between the Icon and 735? I am a moderate user, texting, Instagram, a few pictures, and a bit of web browsing throughout the day. While at home I do rely on my phone quite a bit especially while using my phone as a Hot Spot (I live out in the sticks and don't have access to high speed internet so I rely on my LTE - Please don't make fun of me for that!!) but I usually have my phone charging while using the hot spot. For anyone that has used the hot spot tethering on the phones, does one work better than the other?

thanks!
    10-16-2015 08:10 AM
    I'm not sure how the battery life compares, but if I didn't charge mine and didn't stream netflix at night to my HD-10 (I live in semi-sticks where Time Warner comes to the end of the street but no further), it would last at least from wake up to bed time and probably even longer. When I wasn't charging it and watching netflix, it was lasting about 4 hours of the heavy usage.

I find it to be on par powerwise with my old 8x, which was a top of the line phone at the time. Streaming to the HD-10 does stutter occasionally, but if I turn off bluetooth, that becomes very minimal. The only other issues I've had with it is Drive+ getting stuck and freezing (latest Drive+ update seems to have fixed it) and when I make a phone call my data drops to 1x (may not be existent at that point).
    10-21-2015 01:52 PM
    Tough time for me this as I was finally off contract with ATT jumped to Verizon with joy. Joy turned to some pain when I tried to like the Lumia 735 ... mainly because it in no way will replace my Lumia 1520 (sadly..going on ebay tomorrow) so I can grab an Icon.

Horrible experience trying to get it setup with Office 365 and basic mail .... and it times out when loading the page for Office365 ... once it connects...when it does...I have to keep checking mail every few minutes or it seems to lose connection all together. You CANNOT delete the main Outllook account once setup (which blows if it does not work...i.e, times out syncing email) so you have to do a complete RESET on the phone and start from scratch (3d time was a charm...and oops wiped the SD card while it was at it). I did keep in mind that coming from the most awesome windows phone ever ...1520 ... that the 735 would just need to do the bare necessities...and it squeaks by on those. Ran into a friend running Win10 on Icon and has had no problems. My 1520 was my desktop/laptop away from home ... and I'm not going back to AT&T for any amount of $.

735 may be great if all you want is webmail, search, weather, phone, msg, photos (did I mention there is no camera button?) ... I am headed for the first affordable Icon I can find ... especially since Microsoft hosed themselves and won't be distributing new 950/950XL to VZ any time soon.
    11-22-2015 10:20 PM
    After owning 2 Icon's, the 735 is the way to go. Its the better 640 essentially. I couldn't be happier, some consider it an downgrade, I think its a major upgrade. I started to hate the Icon....

Also, colors. Its like the 920 but modern :D.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-27-2015 10:19 PM
    After owning 2 Icon's, the 735 is the way to go. Its the better 640 essentially. I couldn't be happier, some consider it an downgrade, I think its a major upgrade..
    Completely agree! 735, install windows inside, windows 10, and enjoy!
    01-01-2016 11:31 AM
    Better to buy Android phone than any windows phone. I regret buying Nokia Lumia 730.. poor apps support..
    01-01-2016 12:52 PM
    Now what app support you require, almost all the important apps are there on store. And with win 10 update, more apps are available ok windows 10 store.
    01-01-2016 12:55 PM
32 12