Verizon 735 vs 928

falcon23

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I damaged my 928 and was looking into getting a new phone, and other than the SD card feature and some differences in the camera, the specs seem pretty similar between the 928 and 735. Just wanted to hear from people with more experience or knowledge about the devices on whether there were any significant differences to be aware of before I get one.

Thanks.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Dont forget
Xenon flash - LED Flash
AMOLED - OLED
OIS - No OIS
No FM Radio - FM Radio

I think the processors have similar performance but the newer quad core has a better graphics processor.

Shmythe

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well it is kind of like going sideways unless you play a lot of games, but that being said it is cheap phone, so at least you will not be paying a lot for a replacement.

falcon23

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far. Can you run apps like game from the SD card or does it need to be run on the phones local memory?

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can run apps from the SD Card on the L735. Complex games like Asphalt 8 stutter some when installed on a Class 10 card from a major manufacturer, but it isn't completely terrible. All my other apps work great from a card, though.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I may have the opportunity to either get a 735 or a Lumia Icon in the near future. I am assuming, super-cool Microsoft branding aside, the Icon is still hands-down the best choice between those two?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I may have the opportunity to either get a 735 or a Lumia Icon in the near future. I am assuming, super-cool Microsoft branding aside, the Icon is still hands-down the best choice between those two?

Yup!
Other than in battery life, the Icon/930 still is king here.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yup!
Other than in battery life, the Icon/930 still is king here.

Awesome thanks! The only other question I have is the 735 is pretty much guaranteed to get Windows 10 from Verizon (I think I heave heard as much) - do you think the same will hold true for the Icon? I know it was a struggle just to get the 8.1 update from Verizon. Then again, with the Insider Preview, I think we can pretty much enjoy everything 10 has to offer, whether Verizon pushes it out or not.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thanks! The only other question I have is the 735 is pretty much guaranteed to get Windows 10 from Verizon (I think I heave heard as much) - do you think the same will hold true for the Icon? I know it was a struggle just to get the 8.1 update from Verizon. Then again, with the Insider Preview, I think we can pretty much enjoy everything 10 has to offer, whether Verizon pushes it out or not.

Honestly I have no clue. All the 735 really has going for it is that its newer. Which I suppose could be a factor. But I really don't know.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just assume that the updates from all the US carriers will either take a very long time or never come at all, and have used the Technical Preview program to get the latest builds. Personally, from what I have read none of the Insider Preview fro Win 10 have been well enough developed to use on your main phone so I haven't tried that yet. If the two programs coexist in the future, I'll stick with the TP program since it is kind of like 'Slow Ring' builds for Win 10 Desktop in a way, which are more stable.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My aunt currently has a 928 and mother the HTC 8x on my advice, and I'm telling both to get the 735 for their next phones. I have an Icon, by bought one just to have it. I like it alot.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Yes...I have an Icon. However I did by the 735 just to have it. It's a pretty cool phone. Got the cyan and red covers, so its fun to swap them out. Runs pretty quick and smooth. It's no Icon, but ill use it for a cpl a days at a time.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes...I have an Icon. However I did by the 735 just to have it. It's a pretty cool phone. Got the cyan and red covers, so its fun to swap them out. Runs pretty quick and smooth. It's no Icon, but ill use it for a cpl a days at a time.
Where is a good source for the covers? I can't seem to find them...

nemtna

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. New here.
I just ordered a refurb 928 (for Verizon) for about $100. Now, I'm questioning whether or not I should have just gotten the 735 from Verizon, because it will be supported longer. It's really a phone for my wife to test Windows on - since I think she'll like the simplicity of Windows Phone over Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss