Sad... My Icon is now my secondary phone

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I use an unlocked Icon as my main phone, but it doesn't work with every carrier around my neck of the woods. I needed to get a new line on another carrier that doesn't support it. I really wanted another Windows phone, but they didn't offer anything other than entry point devices. My original plan was to keep using the Icon as my main phone with the new carrier, and use an old iPhone I have as my secondary phone with my current line (I need to keep that number).

I was forced to get an iPhone 6 with my new plan, which is a nice phone but I just don't like it that much. I used to have an iPhone before, and even the new OS is basically the same, zero improvements that I can see. The phone is certainly nice, but I just don't like it anywhere as much as I like my Icon, and now I will miss it a lot since it will not be on my hands all the time. Mail and everything will be on the iPhone

What uses do you give to your secondary phone? I'm thinking about upgrading it to Win 10 just to test it, and use it as my music + entertainment device just to have a reason to use it, since the iPhone can easily handle those tasks.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Use it as a dedicated map for the car/ use it as a dashboard cam? another user has his 920 downloading torrents full time lol. Using it as a entertainment center is a good idea

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What is your new carrier? The Icon will work on AT&T's and T-Mobile's GSM and HSPA+ networks...and LTE in some areas if you are lucky to live in one of them.

The biggest downside is people are having issues with MMS on both AT&T's and T-Mobile's networks. Though some people have figured out how to overcome that.

Finally, you can get a Verizon compatible Straight Talk SIM from Walmart and it will work (LTE and MMS).

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
It's outside of the US. For some reason, it kept saying me that the SIM card is not valid and I just couldn't connect it to the network. Now I'm kind-of screwed because I already took the iPhone and I'm not really happy with it.

The Icon is still my main camera + entertainment device, so I'll "learn to live" this way.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's outside of the US. For some reason, it kept saying me that the SIM card is not valid and I just couldn't connect it to the network. Now I'm kind-of screwed because I already took the iPhone and I'm not really happy with it.

The Icon is still my main camera + entertainment device, so I'll "learn to live" this way.

I presume the SIM card was activated? It's possible the SIM is bad too.

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I presume the SIM card was activated? It's possible the SIM is bad too.

It's the same SIM I have on the iPhone. On the iPhone it works great, but with the Icon I get the error message. I will try again, and if I can make it work, I will just sell the iPhone, now that I can still get good money for it.

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
No. Only the one I already had on it with my now secondary number, and the new one I have on the iphone. Just to give it some use, the icon is now my camera and entertainment device. The camera is just great, and the pictures it takes are noticeably better than the ones taken by the iphone. It's also better at handling .mkv files.

I will sell the iPhone 6 (they tend to be good at retaining some value) once the 940 is out and available at my carrier.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I will sell the iPhone 6 (they tend to be good at retaining some value) once the 940 is out and available at my carrier.

I like the way you think :D Give us a review, once you have one. I hope it gets launched!!! The latest news concerning the 810 chip aren't that promising, but if HTC managed to solve the heating issues we should be able to do so as well lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)