Windows 10 on 640XL

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If you are a proud Lumia 640XL owner and installed the device with Windows 10. Let me know how did you installed the OS, is that through the insider app or how did you installed.

Share your screenshots of Lumia 640XL too. I have been trying to get it on my device but no luck. I got it on my 1020 though. Just looking if anyone from here can help me out in getting it to my device.

If anyone of Lumia 640XL is planning to install Windows 10, join here and follow this thread.

Ante Sirkovic

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have installed it on my 640XL, it works good.
I still didn't done hard reset, just the upgrade but runs relatively fast, slower than 8.1 but faster than last build (10080). It is stable but slow(er).

I believe that when I do hard reset it will run even faster.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have installed it on my 640XL, it works good.
I still didn't done hard reset, just the upgrade but runs relatively fast, slower than 8.1 but faster than last build (10080). It is stable but slow(er).

I believe that when I do hard reset it will run even faster.

How did you installed it? Did insider app worked or how did you got it?

MohamedWaheed

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 640XL. Clean install. Hard reset after installing the new build.
After very long hours I installed my apps from the beta store as it is not working in background very well also it always stops and have a lot of errors. Any way I dealt with that and finished the apps installation and upgrades.

This is my list of bugs I have reported via feedback app:
1.Cortana always displays "Speech Failed to start".
2. Navigation bar doesn't hide at all.
3. Can't link contacts in the people app, it always crash.
4. One drive is not opening.
5. The scale in this build is too big, I liked the one on build 10080. Now everything look very very big.
6. The fourth tile column option is not working.
7. Sensor core is not working.
8. Can't find Motion data and glance screen apps neither on settings nor all apps list.
9. In this build you can't assign a notification tone for every app.
10. Almost every time I try to correct a word in any messaging app it crashes.
11. Performance of opening the apps are really slow.
12. All the pictures are saved on phone memory not SD card. even I choose to be saved on SD card.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
May be region specific? Regarding the insider app, I checked and it's not there for me.

Keep posting the feedback and some screenshots of Win10 over Lumia 640XL tease our beloved lumia 640XL owners too :)

chetan_jangid826

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile build 10136 is not ready for daily use who want their phones to be very responsive.. Its just a preview build so install it for evaluating purposes and may be for trying out new universal apps.. Install it on secondary device and provide feedbacks about features you want in windows 10 final build. :)

Mogamy Cool

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 is good till now but it is strange that double tap to lock is missing, and also swipe up to appear and disappear nav. bar.
there were talking about heat , but it was at the beginning of the setting up.
some apps from store don't work, and some apps from the store aren't in store beta like gestures beta.
I think windows 10 is stable to be a daily used .

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150623_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150623_0001.png
    826.8 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss