My Nokia Lumia 1020 is completely unresponsive, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia lumia 1020 completely unresponsive.

my nokia lumia 1020 randomly turned off one day with half full battery. I have tried soft resetting, hard resetting etc. pretty much everything. Does anyone have a solution please??? anything. Its frozen on a black screen. Resetting methods and plugging it into anything (usb, charger etc.) does not work. It has been like this for about 3 days now.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia lumia 1020 completely unresponsive.

Since you've done almost all (if not all) of the first aid user-end phone reviving methods available (restart, soft reset, hard reset, connect to PC and attempt to use Windows Phone Recovery Tool or Lumia Software Recovery Tool, charging the phone for more than 30 minutes), then you may need to bring your phone to a service center - they may have the solution you're looking for.

If you haven't performed all the steps in the parenthesis above, it's strongly recommended to try all of them first.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
its gone. She has my old L925 for the moment until we can find the invoice for the L1020 to have it replaced. Then ill just get her a L930 after I sell the 1020 :p

I tried everything, probably wasn't any updates. But co-incidentally, she did the 'stop reboot' update a night or two before this happened.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, that L1020 indeed won't reboot now -

But on a serious note, it could just be a coincidence - or I was just incredibly lucky after that update. Besides, there would have been a lot of reports and complaints about it in the forums and an article would have been written about it if it was the update that's causing the issue. Also, what has been reported before are L1020s suddenly "dying" - so the timing of the update may just be a coincidence.

Getting the L930? Why not wait for Windows 10? There could be a few new phones announced, too.:wink:

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the update and the phone failing are not related.

As for getting a new phone, she liked the camera in the 1020, and the 930 (and my 1520) have awesome cameras. So pretty much she wants that. If youre married, youll understand :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure the update and the phone failing are not related.

As for getting a new phone, she liked the camera in the 1020, and the 930 (and my 1520) have awesome cameras. So pretty much she wants that. If youre married, youll understand :)

Not yet married, but I hope I'm going in that direction... I think I understand. :wink:

I hope she'll enjoy the L930 as well.:cool:

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
well, the 1020 went in for repairs. new main board was required. thank you 2 years warranty!

thanks for all your help guys. it appears that no amount of resetting can fix a physical problem :p

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia lumia 1020 completely unresponsive.

I think problem is at the internal memory which had downgrading performance to write and read.
I have a friend whose had problem like yours and then after several week, the phone is completely death

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte