Tmobile 640 questions, new to wp8

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a unlocked Lumia 1520 2 weeks ago to test out windows. Originally from Android. Loved it at first try. Only problem was I didn't get good signal on Tmobile so I picked up the Lumia 640 today from WalMart.

My problem/question is when I try to log into my wells Fargo app it says couldn't connect. Connects just fine thru web site though or my 1520. Is anyone else experiencing this. I really need that app to work.

Also my Spotify app also doesn't allow me to sign in or use without being on Wi-Fi. Is there a setting to fix that or a way around it. Thanks.

But so far it's a great phone and a awesome budget phone. Anyone else experience any problems like this on other apps? I just wonder if its the 8.1 update 2 causing the problem or maybe T-Mobile's variant, Thanks

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Wells Fargo app. I've found that doing that with apps that didn't work properly helped.

As for Spotify, are you saying it won't work when you're connected to data at all? That's another app I don't use, but that's odd.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I would do as the poster above suggested and either restart your phone or uninstall and reinstall the app.

I have a Lumia 830 on T-Mobile and I use wells Fargo app a lot. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on your 640 on T-Mobile...

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
The most recent reviews of the Wells Fargo app are all complaints that the app stopped working with the most recent Windows Phone OS update. So you're probably going to be out of luck until WF's developers get around to fixing the app.

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Ya I've restarted and un installed both with no luck. Kinda sucks, might have to go back to Android for a while. Today while listening to music I lost all music volume control. Only way I got it back was with a restart. Thanks for everyone's help.

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Ya I've restarted and un installed both with no luck. Kinda sucks, might have to go back to Android for a while. Today while listening to music I lost all music volume control. Only way I got it back was with a restart. Thanks for everyone's help.

if your OP you mentioned some things only working when connected to wifi.
FYI you might want to verify that you don't have the cellular data turned off

Kurt Bucy

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes I just got a 640 the other day and also having the same exact issue. I can login fine through web or my old nokia 810. just not the 640. I found another post with user on a 640 from cricket also having same issue. I alerted WF tech support on the issue. they are investigating.

Update: issue is resolved.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss