How do I change the default restore language on the Lumia 920?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

change default restore langauge lumia 920

I bought my phone from a person whom purchased the phone new from another country because he originated from there. Long story short if I factory restore reset the phone language is in a different language , I think Spanish , I can't read the language to change its settings to my language instead I have to go through all the menu items and play with them to change it too my preferences language region of English. Main question is there a way to change this so in case I ever have too or decide to factory restore it, I have done it once or twice and how I set it was by counting the menu items and submenu etc before reset so I can sort of navigate to change the settings, any help would be appreciated thanks to make this simple task easy please.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: change default restore langauge lumia 920

Always when you reset your phone - no matter how Factory Reset (software), Hard Reset (button pushes) or Reset Tool (like Lumia Software Recovery Tool) - the very first screen you can interact with is selecting your default language.

It will be written in the assumed default; the language of the country that the phone was designed and marketed for. That assumed default language is what will be highlighted on a scrollable list. English (United States) is on that list and can be selected as the default language if you scroll to it and tap on it...

Because of the assumed default, it probably is not written as English (United States), but it should not be too hard to recognize.

If the assumed default is Spanish look for Ingl?s (Estados Unidos)
Catalan?
Angl?s (Estats Units)
Portuguese?
Ingl?s (Estados Unidos)
Italian?
Inglese (Stati Uniti)
Greek?
Αγγλικά (Ηνωμένων Πολιτειών)
Chinese Simplified?
英语 (美国)
Danish?
Engelsk (USA)
Arabic?
الإنجليزية (الولايات المتحدة)
Persian?
انگلیسی (ایالات متحده)
Urdu?
انگریزی (امریکہ)
Turkish?
İngilizce (Birleşik Devletler)
Etc.

If the characters are in familiar letters your chances are very good of simply puzzling out the entry you need to select. If they are in Pinyin, Arabic, Cyrillic or some other character set... You may have to do a web search to find out what the assumed default language is and then suss out what you need to look for that represents English (United States) in that assumed default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss