640 sold out at Walmart on day 1

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I still blame the carriers. This phone was released overseas and as an unlocked version a while back.

On a side note. I was able to pick up four of these phones from two different Walmart stores. My family members are so lucky to have me. :cool:

Yep. Been available In Australia for some time now. I will grab one for my wife as she just smashed her screen on her current WP. $199.00 I might grab one for myself.

botoru

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a 640 about 5 days after launch at a WalMart in Colorado Springs. Their inventory tracker doesn't seem to be very accurate, as the store showed out of stock online, but a phone call to their electronics section got me their last one from the case.

johncampanale

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
In Florida, the tracker said that the local stores within 50 are all sold out. Called the local store and they had one. Well now they have zero and I have one LOL

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Went to exchange my 640 today for another one there was a row of like 6 435s and at the end of it there was a 640 box u guys really have to look it's easy to overlook the boxes are damn near the same and it doesn't seem like walmart cares about separating the two phones

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Went to exchange my 640 today for another one there was a row of like 6 435s and at the end of it there was a 640 box u guys really have to look it's easy to overlook the boxes are damn near the same and it doesn't seem like walmart cares about separating the two phones

I think TMobile or Microsoft should do a better job making these boxes easier to differentiate. The Walmart I went to had a 435 in front of and covering the 640's. This might have been the reason I was able to grab a couple 640's.

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My local Wal-Mart had about a dozen tags hanging on the shelf, but only one actual phone. Now they have none. ( :

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I just checked the WM website and several stores in the Orlando area have them in stock again. If you are still looking (or want some mad profit), you might want to check!

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I managed to pick one up online at the Torrance Walmart before it sold out again. Should I stick with my original plan and give it to my friend that's building out my Brewery or sell it online for Mad Profit?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think TMobile or Microsoft should do a better job making these boxes easier to differentiate. The Walmart I went to had a 435 in front of and covering the 640's. This might have been the reason I was able to grab a couple 640's.

Lol so true, all the boxes for Lumia look so much alike.

drhere

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking for this phone, but cannot find it. I don't have an easy way to get to Wal-Mart (I am in NYC without a car). Does anyone know if Amazon will sell this? B&H here has it for $200 unlocked, but I don't want to spend that kind of money; although it is temping; it does state it support the US GSM carriers.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have been looking for this phone, but cannot find it. I don't have an easy way to get to Wal-Mart (I am in NYC without a car). Does anyone know if Amazon will sell this? B&H here has it for $200 unlocked, but I don't want to spend that kind of money; although it is temping; it does state it support the US GSM carriers.
Amazon did/does sell phones, but their timing is unknown. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to order from T-mobile directly (call customer service or try to get it sent to a location near you), but that would be $130.

drhere

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Amazon did/does sell phones, but their timing is unknown. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to order from T-mobile directly (call customer service or try to get it sent to a location near you), but that would be $130.

Thanks, I have a $50 credit with Amazon, maybe I should wait. Although a local MetroPCS here in NY had a few left a few days ago, but I do not want to switch carriers.

Rudy James

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I had a 635 and got a 640 from my Walmart here in NJ. A funny thing happened as I was buying it. they had a lady there for Virgin Mobile and she wanted me to know that with in the next 60 days they are getting rid of sim cards in phones. I tried to explain to her that sim cards are used all over the world in phones and only the USA has a two network system gsm and cdma she said she know what she is talking about I just laughed and left.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up yesterday to play around with... I'm heading to TMO today to get it switched to my daily driver. It's pretty nice.

Edit: The Lumia 640 is now my daily driver! Tmob sold me a sim adapter kit, so I can switch from winphone to my S6 if I want in the future. I don't think I will for a while though. Windows has all of the apps I use, and I needed a change from Android.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos