07-10-2015 01:11 PM
66 123
tools
    I just checked the WM website and several stores in the Orlando area have them in stock again. If you are still looking (or want some mad profit), you might want to check!
    libra89 likes this.
    06-27-2015 12:52 PM
    I managed to pick one up online at the Torrance Walmart before it sold out again. Should I stick with my original plan and give it to my friend that's building out my Brewery or sell it online for Mad Profit?
    06-28-2015 01:50 PM
    Sold out on the Microsoft store too. This may be the next 520/521. Too cheap and feature future rich to pass up
    06-29-2015 01:43 AM
    I think TMobile or Microsoft should do a better job making these boxes easier to differentiate. The Walmart I went to had a 435 in front of and covering the 640's. This might have been the reason I was able to grab a couple 640's.
    Lol so true, all the boxes for Lumia look so much alike.
    06-29-2015 04:47 AM
    I have been looking for this phone, but cannot find it. I don't have an easy way to get to Wal-Mart (I am in NYC without a car). Does anyone know if Amazon will sell this? B&H here has it for $200 unlocked, but I don't want to spend that kind of money; although it is temping; it does state it support the US GSM carriers.
    06-29-2015 12:27 PM
    I have been looking for this phone, but cannot find it. I don't have an easy way to get to Wal-Mart (I am in NYC without a car). Does anyone know if Amazon will sell this? B&H here has it for $200 unlocked, but I don't want to spend that kind of money; although it is temping; it does state it support the US GSM carriers.
    Amazon did/does sell phones, but their timing is unknown. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to order from T-mobile directly (call customer service or try to get it sent to a location near you), but that would be $130.
    06-29-2015 01:25 PM
    Amazon did/does sell phones, but their timing is unknown. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to order from T-mobile directly (call customer service or try to get it sent to a location near you), but that would be $130.
    Thanks, I have a $50 credit with Amazon, maybe I should wait. Although a local MetroPCS here in NY had a few left a few days ago, but I do not want to switch carriers.
    06-29-2015 02:12 PM
    Ohh okay, I understand.

I don't know if I'm late, but there's also the option to buy it from the Microsoft Store and have it shipped to your home (that's for anyone interested)
    Buy T-Mobile - Microsoft Lumia 640 (White) - No Contract - Microsoft Store
    06-29-2015 03:03 PM
    I had a 635 and got a 640 from my Walmart here in NJ. A funny thing happened as I was buying it. they had a lady there for Virgin Mobile and she wanted me to know that with in the next 60 days they are getting rid of sim cards in phones. I tried to explain to her that sim cards are used all over the world in phones and only the USA has a two network system gsm and cdma she said she know what she is talking about I just laughed and left.
    07-01-2015 03:28 PM
    I picked one up yesterday to play around with... I'm heading to TMO today to get it switched to my daily driver. It's pretty nice.

Edit: The Lumia 640 is now my daily driver! Tmob sold me a sim adapter kit, so I can switch from winphone to my S6 if I want in the future. I don't think I will for a while though. Windows has all of the apps I use, and I needed a change from Android.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Last edited by NadaAddict; 07-03-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-03-2015 01:18 PM
    UPS showed up today with 2 640's.. Next item is to move the phone numbers from VZW to TMO.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-03-2015 02:00 PM
    Seems Walmart has them in stock online, I decided to order one and Wamart stated I should get it by Friday. I have a Nexus 5 that I still love, but it is starting to act flaky. i want to give more time to WinPhone, I love the look of the UI. I still have my Amazon credit from a gift card, so I used part of that on a case.
    Amazon does not offer the phone, but Best Buy is showing it for $90, except no one has it in the NY area, I tried Chicago as my best friend lives there, nope, tried the SF Bay Area as I had relatives who lives out there nope. I called Best Buy, and they stated it is up on their site, but you cannot order it online, she stated her area also did not have it, it is on the site because a Best Buy somewhere has it, although she cannot see inventory of who.
    Oh well, I will get this anyway.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-07-2015 09:08 AM
    Seems Walmart has them in stock online, I decided to order one and Wamart stated I should get it by Friday. I have a Nexus 5 that I still love, but it is starting to act flaky. i want to give more time to WinPhone, I love the look of the UI. I still have my Amazon credit from a gift card, so I used part of that on a case.
    Amazon does not offer the phone, but Best Buy is showing it for $90, except no one has it in the NY area, I tried Chicago as my best friend lives there, nope, tried the SF Bay Area as I had relatives who lives out there nope. I called Best Buy, and they stated it is up on their site, but you cannot order it online, she stated her area also did not have it, it is on the site because a Best Buy somewhere has it, although she cannot see inventory of who.
    Oh well, I will get this anyway.
    I had no idea that Best Buy had the phone now! Good looking out! I already have one that I got from Walmart but you posting this helps people have another option if Walmart isn't available or close.
    07-07-2015 12:26 PM
    I can't post the link as I have under 10 posts on WC although I have 287 on Android Central, so I am posting a picture of the BB page.
    lumia.jpg
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    07-07-2015 03:40 PM
    BB not available in MO or Los Angeles area. Doesn't seem they are available from BB anywhere.
    07-07-2015 06:07 PM
    BB not available in MO or Los Angeles area. Doesn't seem they are available from BB anywhere.
    I noticed Best Buy pulled the listing, it is no longer on their site. I got my 640 yesterday a day early. It looks like a beautiful device, I will have time to set it up and use it this weekend.
    07-10-2015 01:11 PM
66 123