640 sold out at Walmart on day 1

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I drove to three different Walmart stores before I ordered one online. No one had them in stock but staff at all three said other people had been calling and coming by that day (this was the day WC posted about them selling them ahead of the 20th). The WP phone consumer group is small...but fanatical.

anon(8145610)

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
They had them on their website Friday night. After physically visiting 3+ Walmarts earlier in the week (not worth that experience again) I smartened up and checked their website Friday night. Sure enough, one 12 miles away had them listed in stock. I drove over at 9pm and though they weren't on the shelves, they had a place for them. I asked the clerk if they had them in the back and he scanned the bar code and said they had two. Went to get one, came back and after a lot of difficulty, got the register to accept the sale (I suppose because they weren't set to go on sale until Saturday). But finally got it and it's up and running.

Dub-J

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up on early Friday morning from Walmart. I had checked their desktop site and got nothing. Tried their mobile site and interestingly a store nearby had "limited quantity".

Drove to the store, didn't see them on the racks, so I asked an associate. He was trying to figure out what phone it was because someone else had a pick up online order. He was confused because he hadn't heard of it and this location just recently got the 635.

He ended up emptying the whole cabinet when he found 3. I grabbed mine, but kind of wish I would've grabbed a second now to get some "mad profit".

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Walmart Lumia 640 SoCal

Anyone lucky enough to nab a 640 at any Walmart in Los Angeles area?? Went to 3 different Walmarts near me and no sign of its existence at all.. No price sign, no placeholders, and none of the employees know about it. Too bad it's sold out online.

Went to all three stores in SCV and they were sold out....the phone sales guy was saying that apparently they are quite popular:)

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
There's one available in the South Gate (Los Angeles) Walmart! Damn...is it worth the 35 minute drive? That Walmart is open 24 hours...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There's one available in the South Gate (Los Angeles) Walmart! Damn...is it worth the 35 minute drive? That Walmart is open 24 hours...
I don't live in LA but to get my own, I did drive for about 40 minutes myself. If you have time and can call ahead before going, you should do it! I have no regrets doing so and I did get the only one that was available too.

arn6735

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine last friday nite at walmart Torrance/Normandie and it seems there's not so many on display. So far i really like it...

RichardAZ

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local T-mobile store. They had the Android display and the iPhone display and not a single mention of anything Windows Phone in site. It was demoralizing, but not surprising. I'll try again in a few months.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I went to my local T-mobile store. They had the Android display and the iPhone display and not a single mention of anything Windows Phone in site. It was demoralizing, but not surprising. I'll try again in a few months.

Same with Verizon and WP phones. They don't sell enough to justify giving them any floor space. BlackBerry and Windows Phone have become "online order only" devices. They claim you can pick up the next day, but there are none in the stores themselves.

jimmy hallmark

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
This bs is worse than an iphone launch. I was blaming AT&T for taking forever but it's obviously Microsoft. Prob when they announced it in early march it was just at the concept stage.plus the U.S. Seems to be low low priority. No other company annoumces a phone then takes 4 months to bring it to market.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This bs is worse than an iphone launch. I was blaming AT&T for taking forever but it's obviously Microsoft. Prob when they announced it in early march it was just at the concept stage.plus the U.S. Seems to be low low priority. No other company annoumces a phone then takes 4 months to bring it to market.

I still blame the carriers. This phone was released overseas and as an unlocked version a while back.

On a side note. I was able to pick up four of these phones from two different Walmart stores. My family members are so lucky to have me. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb