Why does my Windows Phone keep crashing/restarting?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Phone keeps crashing/restarting.

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this (Sorry if it's not).
Recently my Windows Phone (Lumia 520) randomly restarted, silently. No vibration (while I was watching a video). Then it turned back on, I thought everything was normal, until I tried opening an application and it rebooted again. Then after it turning back on, I didn't open anything, and it still decided to reboot. I'm not able to factory reset my phone, hard reset it, re-install the software using Lumia Software Recovery tool, please help me!

This issue has been going on for a week. Unless I open an app, it closes out the app, and restarts the device.
When I tried the volume up, volume down, power button thing, it doesn't take me to the gear and settings, just reboots as normal. I can open the settings app though, and change a few settings, but momentarily after that it just restarts. I don't really care about losing any of my personal content. When I tried the recovery tool, it recognised my phone and started downloading the update, but my phone reboots right when it starts "Waiting for your phone" meaning the recovery get's cancelled. I've also noticed something, whenever I make a change to the phone, (unpin something, uninstall an app) it all get's reset to a certain state.
I've had my phone for quite a while (over 2 years.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon