Transfer from 928 -> 640

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
A couple of questions. I went from VZW 928 -> Tmobile 640. Unlike the microsoft store, where I usually get my phone, I was at Tmobile. The guy started and activated my 640 choosing "setup later" or something. Then I had to deal with a different phone number for a couple of hours...

Now that all of that is behind me, how do I get my apps, home screen and accounts back and running? Can I redo setup? Is there an easier way? On my old phone, I remember during setup it asking me to apply my 928 profile, but since he skipped that, what do I do?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just reset you phone.. settings>about phone>reset phone.

That will take to back to a fresh set up. Just follow the instructions from there.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Jef,
How has your experience been going from Vzw to T-Mo? With T-MO's new family plan, I'm considering a swap. I have an Icon now and the 640 is the closest thing to it. How do you like the 640?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Jef,
How has your experience been going from Vzw to T-Mo? With T-MO's new family plan, I'm considering a swap. I have an Icon now and the 640 is the closest thing to it. How do you like the 640?

You were asking a different Jef, but I'm a Jeff, and I moved from VZW to TMO. My thoughts:

• I miss VZW's coverage. Wife was in Wisconsin Rapids visiting friends (or another small town near there) and there were no TMO towers - she was roaming on AT&T. On I-95 in Florida, where I had 2G my buddy had 4G on VZW. The coverage in Phoenix is fine and I'm sure it's fine in most major cities, but outside, not nearly as good as VZW's.
  • Didn't save much money by jumping to TMO. That might have to do with two daughters with unlimited data, but we thought we'd save money but it came out about the same. The new $120 plan might help - need to go in and ask.
  • I love the music freedom since I listen to a lot of music with my Xbox music pass.
  • I love my 640. It's not as fast as my M8 was (half the RAM in the 640) but I don't find it frustrating or annoying. The camera in the 640 is better than the M8 was. I do wish it had more memory. I'd prefer to have 16GB so I can install more apps to the phone as opposed to the SD card.

Just my $0.02.

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I miss the coverage as well. However, at one of my places of work, wifi-calling has given me coverage even VZW couldn't solve.

However, from where I live and work, coverage is the same (Outside CHI, STL, Kenosha WI). The unlimited data is a welcome change for my family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett