Walmart Lumia 640 Wi-Fi calling?

johncampanale

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Does the prepaid 640 come with the Wi-Fi Calling? Is it able to be used with the post-paid SIM. I see that the SIM works without problems, but does the WI-FI calling work post-paid SIM's as well.

Thanks,
John

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes it does, the setting is just slightly different (and kind of hidden).
I am a postpaid T-mo customer and just slipped in the sim just fine. I saw that in my account that T-mo updated to show that I am using the Lumia 640.

Dub-J

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I can also confirm that both Wi-Fi calling and a post-paid TMO SIM work fine with the 640.

My Wi-FI calling was automatically enabled when I popped my SIM in, but if you need to get to it, it is under "Cellular+SIM" under the SIM settings. You can also set your calling preference there (default is Wi-Fi preferred).

Last edited:

Guy Krause

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Microsoft Lumina 640 and WiFi calling does NOT work. I see the little phone symbol next to the WiFi icon intermittently but only when I also have one bar of 4G. With no cellular signal at all, the display is just plain "No Service". If I switch from WiFi Preferred to WiFi only, then the airplane mode icon appears and again the display is just "No Service" without the phone symbol attached to the WiFi icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12