Why isn't my Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 730 WP8.1) getting detected on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 730 WP8.1) not getting detected on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

I recently installed Ubuntu on my laptop in a bid to get acquainted to the linux platform. The version that I installed is Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.

I ended up having trouble when I realized that My windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 730 WP8.1) is not getting detected when I connect it to my laptop using data cable. I cannot believe that there is no fix for this issue. I dont want to go back to using WIndows 7 again for now atleast.

Can anybody here suggest me any solution to make my windows phone work with Ubuntu?

Thanks in Advance.

Satyajit.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It should have work out of the box as MTP device, just like my 520 on 15.04. Not sure why but your best bet would be to make sure your Ubuntu installation is updated, or hit askubuntu.com and post your question there.

Note that you have to unlock your phone lock screen.

thescratchlad

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 730 WP8.1) not getting detected on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

I have already tried all the things that you have mentioned. I plugged my windows phone in unlocked mode and also have tried installing mtp-tools package to make it work for me, but it didn't budge any.

I will try once more today evening (IST).

Thanks for the help!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 730 WP8.1) not getting detected on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

You may have to add mount point for the device.

Also if it shows cannot open RM-**** just keep trying to connect and disconnect till phone asks the password..

Ivan Major1

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Lumia 535 Dual Sim with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. What worked for me was to plug the phone in and then restart the computer with the phone still plugged in and it then it detects it properly and you will have access to the built in memory on the phone as well as the SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786