LUMIA 730 broken display

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
My brother met with an accident on his bike. He fell off and the phone, LUMIA 730, was in his pocket, and somehow the display got broken. Gorilla glass doesn't seem to have any scratch on it, but the display underneath is broken. My brother is fine with small injuries, but the phone is not. Nokia care guys are telling me the cost of changing the display would be around Rs. 8000 (I am from India), that's approximately equal to 125 USD. That's actually the price of a new LUMIA 640. I don't get why does the display cost so much. Anyway should I repair it spending so much money? Will the new display have the same quality as the original? Since, I'm spending so much money, I want to be assured. Anyone here who has changed display of their 730s? BTW, does the cost of changing the display really justify? I mean it's like 70% cost of the phone.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The display is actual the most expensive part of a phone ( I googled some prices a they are about the same range)
So it's up to you if you want to repair it but I am sure that if you find a place which charges only half the price you probably get a copy replacement part.

Good luck

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
The display is actual the most expensive part of a phone ( I googled some prices a they are about the same range)
So it's up to you if you want to repair it but I am sure that if you find a place which charges only half the price you probably get a copy replacement part.

Good luck

Nah, I live in a small town so it's quite impossible to get it done somewhere else than Nokia care. Plus the phone is new, like 3 months old only, so I don't want to void any warranty. But, if I spend so much money on repairing, will I get the same quality display? I have a choice of letting this phone go and buy a 640, but I quite love the AMOLED display of LUMIA 730 and I don't quite like the looks of 640. So, I'll just repair this, but, will the new display be of the same quality as the one came with the phone?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
We have both, 730 and 640, and the display of the 730 is nicer imho. So is the slicker design of the 730.

But if I had to get a new phone today, I may choose the 640. It's quite a nice phone.

You may consider to buy a new 730, or used one from ebay, and use the broken one for repair parts. The battery is also usable in future.

L33T Learners

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi!! White Shadoww,
It's a good question but the thing is mobile world is looking for new ways to increase performance and decrease weight in that process Microsoft has implemented latest display technology which provides high Dpi and weighs less.But,latest tech is quiet a bit expensive.I think you got your answer

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes the display costs that much unfortunately. I broke my brand new 650's screen and its been in the service centre for 35 days now still waiting for the display part to be available. They told me the cost would be between 7500-8000.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Actually I had given up on that phone and bought an Android instead. Because i hate WM10. But, I started learning programming since 2 months, have developed one app. I'm testing it on my 520 and it's struggling to keep up with WM10. I think I need to get 730 repaied as there is no new LUMIA worth buying! Gotta pay the price!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs