Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

KeinoDoggy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

Yes, my EVOCEL covers the front sides of the the white battery cover. From your photo, I see the Incipio does not. I think that is a fail for me. Sticking with the EVOCEL.

UNSC

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

I'm having trouble deciding between two cases for the 640.

Both are sold on amazon.

One is made by evocell. (Dual Layer [New Generation] Rugged Holster Case )

The other by caseformers. (CASEFORMERS Duo Armor )

I would post links if I was allowed to.

Any thoughts on which is the better/more durable case for the 640?

From the amazon reviews the caseformers case offers a raised edge around the screen, I'm not sure if the evocell case does as well.

If it makes a difference, I will be putting the Nillkin glass screen protector on the phone as well.

TwoBitWhackJob

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife's droid finally failed and I ran to Wal-Mart, picked up a 640 and converted her - but that means we have identical phones now (except I set her glance screen to green) Anyone got one of the EBay from China that claim to be OEM?

10 bucks isn't a lot, but if you consider it to be 10% of the cost of the phone, then you want to get your money's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeinoDoggy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure which headphones you are using but my standard earbuds have plenty of room in the case's circle cut out around the jack to seat completely.

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ebay Shells

I've bought several ebay seller battery door covers for the 640. My experience is they are factory OEM, sort of....? What I mean is they never seem to come with original packaging, but look exactly like they are made in the same factory and OEM, but I think they don't make it through the quality check.

I have the original Cricket blue from in store purchase in USA. The side buttons work great. I bought a Hong Kong ebay seller orange and it looks perfectly original. But the side buttons sit too low and don't press as positively. I bought a Chinese black 640 cover and the plastic was slightly warped in the button area like it was pulled out of the mold and deformed. They did send a new one for free but the side buttons sit too low and don't press all that well.

I bought a United Kingdom ebay seller OEM Microsoft flip cover with card slot that advertised that it came in original packaging and it did. It is perfect and the side button do sit properly and work in a positive fashion. Just my experience and in the future I'd rather pay a little more for the buttons to work properly. Especially on the 640.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree- I also bought a few cases from Amazon just before I got the phones and the only non-OEM that fits well and works properly is the Boxwave. The others were really cheap, both in cost and quality.

The Tech21 Impactology for my HTC 8X was expensive compared to most, but fit perfectly and very durable. I wish they made one for the 640.

Edit: Mine are T-Mobile.

Last edited:

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Just wondering...

I have noticed (since I was shopping for them), that there seems to be a difference in the Cricket version of the 640. At least that is what the case manufactures think.

I wonder if that could be the problem some are having with fit?

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Just wondering...

I have noticed (since I was shopping for them), that there seems to be a difference in the Cricket version of the 640. At least that is what the case manufactures think.

I wonder if that could be the problem some are having with fit?

Consider: According to the article below, the glossy covers are slightly larger than the matte covers, and this might cause issues when buying a fitted case.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/lu...-camera-comparison-touch-response-tested.html
I have two versions of the 640 LTE at the moment, a matte black version, and a bright orange glossy version. The matte version is the same slippy plastic that's used on the 630/635 matte covers, it doesn't feel particularly high end (not that it's meant to), and the lack of a soft touch coating (see Lumia 520, Moto E) is disappointing. The glossy cover on the other hand feels much nicer in my hand, it uses the same translucent band around the outer edge as was used on the glossy covers for the 635 (similar to the dual colour covers from the Lumia 620). This means the glossy covers are actually slightly larger than the matte covers (about 1-2mm wider and taller). The slight increase in size isn't noticeable in the hand, but it might cause issues when buying a fitted case. It depends on whether the manufacturers have used the matte or glossy covers when designing their cases.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Ordered the Aero Armor case linked below for my Brother who recently picked up a T-Mobile 640 from SprawlMart. It fits his phone ok and will probably help protect it from drops but the corner protection is nowhere near as good as the Trident Aegis I'm using on my old Lumia 520. Unfortunately, Trident isn't currently offering anything for the 640 which is a shame as their cases fit well and are very protective, IMO.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Lumia 640 Case, AERO ARMOR Protective Case for Microsoft Lumia 640 - Green: Cell Phones & Accessories

Magikal

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Here's mine

bought it from eBay UK

Attachments

• WP_20150704_09_12_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150704_09_12_07_Pro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31

BerryCC

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

I just got a Cimo case today from Amazon for the 640, and I am returning it for refund. The Power key is covered in plastic and difficult to access, same with the volume buttons.
I find Power key access is a problem. I loved the Incipio I had for Lumia 521.
How is access to Power key on the Nilliken mentioned above?

lRedux

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure which headphones you are using but my standard earbuds have plenty of room in the case's circle cut out around the jack to seat completely.

Hmm I'll probably try it with different headphones then and try and figure it out. Just curious do you have a glossy or matte back cover? Someone mentioned here that glossy cases are a bit larger so maybe that's what the problem is for me.

edit: Nvm the ear buds I was using work with the case now. I'm guessing the fitting must have been off a bit the day I tried it.

Last edited:

BerryCC

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Today I found the mother lode for Lumia 640 cases and covers, AliExpress. Read about it in Paul Thurott's review of the 640.
I bought a replacement case so I can have an orange phone, for $4.89. (I tried to post a link to this but Windows Central rules forbid it for a newbie).

The 640 has been out longer in Europe and Asia, thus the after market is in high gear.

I also bought a Nillken cover on Amazon, in brown, before I found AliExpress, which has all sorts of knock-offs. However, Amazon is a better bet, since if the power buttons are not accessible easier to return to Amazon than China.

Last edited:

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Bought this one,received also stylus,screen protector and a wiper cloth...only 0,99?+0,99? shipping....bargain,fits like a glove but not so friendly when making a call,i have to flip it,well got used to...not gonna spend 20+$ for a pouch,no way,and sillicone cases are not my thing

http://ebay.us/c6j1EA

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 31

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Are there any clear covers that offer good protection and still fit well? I nixed the cimo and the incipio based on reviews here.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're welcome! Unfortunately that case also covers the button but it doesn't affect how the button works.
I have to figure out how to upload a picture on here sometime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss