Is this normal?

anon(9509211)

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm new so bare with me.

I have this BLU Win HD LTE. I am about to send it in for warranty service (only had it for ~2 months).

It has these kinda streaks on the screen, especially noticeable on the grey parts (say when you are dialing a number), that seem to emanate from numbers or letters or brighter objects.Not really noticeable on low brightness but definitely there on medium and high.
You can sort of see it here:

I contacted BLU and they got me to do a hard reset, so I did that, and they mystery streaks are still there!

Now, is this a thing to do with Windows and should i wait to see if Windows phone 10 fixes it, or is this a bunk screen and should I bite the bullet and send it off?
69KfxNk.jpg

Other than this I am quite happy with this phone.

Thanks in advance!
-C

MadFoodScientist

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you bought it at a Microsoft store, I'd try taking it there and see if they will help you. They have been great to me in the past on things like this and may swap it out for a new one.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you bought it at a Microsoft store, I'd try taking it there and see if they will help you. They have been great to me in the past on things like this and may swap it out for a new one.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Any retailer should exchange or repair for a physical defect so soon after the purchase.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm new so bare with me.

I have this BLU Win HD LTE. I am about to send it in for warranty service (only had it for ~2 months).

It has these kinda streaks on the screen, especially noticeable on the grey parts (say when you are dialing a number), that seem to emanate from numbers or letters or brighter objects.Not really noticeable on low brightness but definitely there on medium and high.
You can sort of see it here:

I contacted BLU and they got me to do a hard reset, so I did that, and they mystery streaks are still there!

Now, is this a thing to do with Windows and should i wait to see if Windows phone 10 fixes it, or is this a bunk screen and should I bite the bullet and send it off?
View attachment 106968

Other than this I am quite happy with this phone.

Thanks in advance!
-C

I am having this same problem. What was the resolution for you? Did you get it replaced?

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. Never noticed it, not really worried about it since it only happens when I crank the setting to high:sweaty:. Probably an artifact of the screen. I remember a few artifacts similar to this with my 635.

anon(9509211)

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Late late reply, but yes they replaced it (took 2 months).

Annnd... the new screen had similar issues a few months later.

Anyways, the BLU fell down the stairs and smashed so not to worry any more

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Funny! I'm now planning on picking up a Blu Vivo 5. Just can't seem to spend $700 on a device anymore. That way I can play in Android & WM10 (eventually)...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That way I can play in Android...

I'm waiting on a tried and true Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi in 32GB so I can dabble at some 'droid and keep my hand in. Went really cheap, relatively. Nice looking unit off Swappa for $100. I had an N7 1st gen that gave good service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs