Text message problem with restore from backup

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I just started using my new Lumia 640 :). I restored it from a backup I just made on my old 521. Unfortunately I seem to be missing the last year of text messages even though I backed those up. The restore did say it wasn't completely able to grab everything but that seemed to be about app settings. Ideas?

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Good try but no luck. It was already on that setting. I should have said that I have messages from a year ago but not messages from last week. Thanks for trying!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Good try but no luck. It was already on that setting. I should have said that I have messages from a year ago but not messages from last week. Thanks for trying!
Maybe you should have backed up before transferring? I know that doesn't help anything now, but I had the same problem with my call history. It backed up to Monday so when I did the transfer, I only got my call history until Monday. I'm going to guess that if there's something for call history, there should be something for texts as well.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I did back up before transferring. Backed up on Monday, transferred on Tuesday. Don't see any texts between 6/27/14 and 6/23/15.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Right, I know. There's no manual backup button on the messages side. I chatted with a MS support rep this morning and she recommended using the option to backup to SD card (put the card in old phone, back up, switch it to new phone, restore). I was going to try that. However I suddenly seem to have the missing year of texts. They came through automatically at one point. So I guess I just had to wait for the system to catch up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos