Why does Cortana constantly cut me off..almost every time?

69bluesman

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Cortana cuts me off....almost every time!!

I see a downward trend within my microphone...so it seems. "Hey Cortana" is very unresponsive lately. When I speak my texts...she always delivers weird gibberish results like she couldn't quite understand what I'm saying. I speak clear, precise English. 98% of the time, she'll cut me off before I can even finish what I'm saying....and it's sudden. There's no long gaps between my words....she just decides to cut me off in the middle of a sentence.

I've been thinking....could it be that the main mic on the front near the Windows home button on the Icon is just getting micro clogged with dirt and oils from my thumb? I mean...the mic is literally only less then 1/4" away from the button...which gets pressed A LOT! My thumb covers BOTH with room to spare easily. To me, it just makes sense that this would create a mic sensitivity problem. It's progressively gotten worse over time which also makes sense.

Anybody else have this problem? It's really irritating on a daily basis.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cortana cuts me off....almost every time!!

I am from Germany and therefore have no "Hey Cortana" but I had the other issues with it too: it does not wait betimes until it finish a sentence, sometime I have to speak quickly to prevent getting cut off.

It seems only short commands are expected at this state of development.
Also, Cortana in Germany is not able to recognise some peculiarities of the pronunciation of some names.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire