Can I get some help with a Lumia 640 issue - Radio quality - India?

Santhosh Vemban

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 issue - Radio quality - India

Hi

I am from India (Chennai) i have been using Nokia 603 for last 3+ yrs radio plays clearly like Mp3 songs, recently bought Lumia 640 shocked with the Radio quality it cant even lock the station & even if its locked it plays like as if i am miles away from the city / signal - it fluctuates too much, though i am standing in the middle of the city in the open road.

Where immediately i switched to 603 it plays without a glitch , when i get into bus Lumia cant even lock a single station it keeps scanning.
I have also installed FM radio App where i can select the range to scan , where i kept it to 90+ miles still not even single bit of improvement.

I have kept region as World in the settings.

Can anyone help me out or is it a general failure for all lumia phones.
Is it a hardware issue or can it be fixed be through updates.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 issue - Radio quality - India

Don't know where the FM antenna is on the 603 so it does no good to compare. Your FM antenna on the 640 is the headphone cord. With this hanging down in front of you will not get the best reception.
This is the way it is.

aravindkulan

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I too facing the same problem in LUMIA 525, If I use the same headset in other phones, Its working fine and the quality is good.
Even I had the same problem in my previous phone LUMIA 800

Radio is working fine when you are not in the same place, If you are moving then the quality is very poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven