Lumia 640 - Why does choose picture crash?

SpiderMan1969

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 - Choose Picture crashes

In different apps, so far Wiztiles, Lumia Moments and Contacts, attempting to choose a picture from the gallery results in:

1. No pictures being displayed on the gallery screen
2. Stuck on "all" and not being able to scroll left or right
3. After about 10 seconds the screen returns to the previous one, i.e. original app.
4. Second attempt results in app closing

I powered off and on and tested Wiztiles...first time ok, all good. Second try returned to original problem.

This phone is fresh out of the box.
There is a 32Gb MicroSD card that was in my Samsung S5 but formatted through Windows 7.
I have Storage Sense set to install apps on the phone although it hasnt made any difference either way and neither has changing any of the permissions.

What is going on people???? I can't find evidence of this happening with anyone else so I must be doing something really dumb...

Weird thing is I can go direct to the Photos app and see everything on the SD card.

PLEEEEEAAASEEE HELP!!!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 - Choose Picture crashes

Welcome :) yes we do require users to sign up so they can answer. I haven't seen your problem before and it seems like the problem is occuring among a wide range of apps. Did you try soft resetting the phone?

SpiderMan1969

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

In Lumia Moments app, I touch videos link, which opens Choose File screen and then above happens. Screen hangs. Returns to Moments after a few seconds. In the Choose Files screen when I touch the Camera icon, it does nothing. Same for previous apps I've mentioned. Accessing the camera via its own app causes no problems by the way.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

The last option will be to hard reset.. for now you can try to remove the apps and reinstall them again (works sometimes)

SpiderMan1969

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So basically you're saying just live with it???????!!! That's the grand total advice of this forum?

It may have escaped your notice, but some of the apps: Lumia Moments, Contacts...are SYSTEM APPS!!!

Which means they can't be uninstalled. Wiztiles I have repeatedly uninstalled and installed to no avail.

If that's the end of the help I'm getting then I'm extremely disappointed to say the least.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol there really isn't any point in getting mad, because that won't help :) Moving the date up by a hundred or so years previously allowed us to uninstall certain apps. Not sure if that workaround is still there, but you can always try

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Why don't you just live with it?

Sorry, had to say that after your little tantrum.

I also have no idea how to help you, but if I did, I wouldn't, based oh how badly you treated the guy who did try to help, so....

Good luck! 😃

sergio_b

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Buddy of mine had the same problem recently with his Lumia 640.
He fixed it by getting a new SD card.
Apparently the card, that he had previously used in a Samsung S3 mini, had to long read access times, causing apps to crash on his Lumia 640.
I'm not sure if it will solve the problem in every case but it's worth a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon