How to turn on wifi in build 10149?

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! L920, just got automatically updated to build 10149. But I am not able to turn on wifi.

When i get into settings & slide the bar, it shows "can't do this at the moment, try again in in a little while. If the problem continues restart your phone & try again"

I did restart, but still no use.

Please help!

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Will wait for a while.

And also, the quiet hour seems to be ON & flickering on the action bar. Hope that has got nothing to do with my wifi. I'm not able to turn that off too.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Will wait for a while.

And also, the quiet hour seems to be ON & flickering on the action bar. Hope that has got nothing to do with my wifi. I'm not able to turn that off too.

The quiet hours thing seems to be a bug others have reported also. Re: Wi-Fi...try deleting it then reconnecting. Then see if you can turn it off

Rainmarie

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! L920, just got automatically updated to build 10149. But I am not able to turn on wifi.

When i get into settings & slide the bar, it shows "can't do this at the moment, try again in in a little while. If the problem continues restart your phone & try again"

I did restart, but still no use.

Please help!

I am having the same issue on my 1520. Tried a hard reset but nothing. This is my first time trying windows insider.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my 1520. Tried a hard reset but nothing. This is my first time trying windows insider.

Guys!

Do not do a soft reset!!

More issues cropping up! Can't go to start screen. Gets restarted automatically.

Previously, only wifi was not working. Now phone's completely not useable.

WillG83

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I hard reset my phone, wiping all data and restoring to factory defaults. This fixed Wi-Fi and cellular, I then restored from backup during the setup process, which seems to have restored some of my data and settings, but not all.

So as a last resort you can try this.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW : I've been d/l the Win10 Tech preview to a backup phone (w NO sim).
My only connectivity is thru WiFi & I've not had a problem.

See if you can connect to WiFi without a sim ...
Dunno if it'll work, but I've had NO WiFi connection issues.

Tarzr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same Wi-Fi networking problem yesterday when I upgrade the 1520. (From 10136 to 10149).

To solve the problem, I downloaded the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, restore my phone's original settings and OS, going through the 'clean slate' route. I did the Windows Insider-Phone update procedure again to install the new Build.

The Wi-Fi networking is now fixed! The Apps list now contains Microsoft Edge, though I still did not understand why the 'Quiet hours' in Action Center still kept flashing. It looks promising from here on!

Rainmarie

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same Wi-Fi networking problem yesterday when I upgrade the 1520. (From 10136 to 10149).

To solve the problem, I downloaded the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, restore my phone's original settings and OS, going through the 'clean slate' route. I did the Windows Insider-Phone update procedure again to install the new Build.

The Wi-Fi networking is now fixed! The Apps list now contains Microsoft Edge, though I still did not understand why the 'Quiet hours' in Action Center still kept flashing. It looks promising from here on!
Thank you! This actually worked for me!

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I had to reset my phone to get wifi working. And I'm glad I did. My Lumia 920 is much more responsive, and I don't have the pin code issue anymore.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
hi guy, so what's the best way to get Wi-Fi back? recovery tool or just hard reset which is the best way. I started at 8.1 os never had any of the 10 builds installed. All my apps and list look fine the edge is in the app list just no wifi or text message. phone works calls in and out. what would you say is the best way to fix my problem.

shubham jain12

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
guys..!!! plz help me.... give some suggestions... my phone's wifi is not working since I have updated to build 10149...
help me out if any one have solution.. plzzzz:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro