"Get media content now" and MMS Issue, Lumia Icon on Verizon

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a Lumia Icon on eBay in perfect condition a couple of days ago. I applied all the updates and was totally loving my new flagship! So much faster than my trusty 928. Yesterday, when I received a group text from my wife and daughter, all I received was "Get media content now". When I click the link, nothing.

Research has shown this to be a fairly common MMS problem with Windows phone in general? Have other Icon owners experienced this? Found any resolution? I've tried applying the APNs manually, but can't find the correct settings to do this on my Icon.

Any suggestions?? :eck:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Lumia Icon on eBay in perfect condition a couple of days ago. I applied all the updates and was totally loving my new flagship! So much faster than my trusty 928. Yesterday, when I received a group text from my wife and daughter, all I received was "Get media content now". When I click the link, nothing.

Research has shown this to be a fairly common MMS problem with Windows phone in general? Have other Icon owners experienced this? Found any resolution? I've tried applying the APNs manually, but can't find the correct settings to do this on my Icon.

Any suggestions?? :eck:

My experience is that MMS problems are more of a reception issue than a Windows/Lumia issue. When my signal is weak, i'll occasionally get a "Get media content now."

Try going to Settings -> cellular + SIM -> Change the setting to LTE and CDMA. See if that makes a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire