1520 - Battery went to almost zero, it powered off, now it won't power back on after charging

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I was using my 1520 hardcore yesterday, all day, and forgot to charge it last night.

This morning, it had almost zero battery, so I left it alone until I got into work.

Pulled it out of my pocket, unlocked it, and it powered itself off with a low battery message.

Left it charging for about an hour and it came back online when it had about 2% battery left.

I flipped it out, did a couple things, powered it back off and left it charging.

Now, after about 1 hour of charging, I can't get it to power on.

I tried the volume+power button trick to try to force it back on, but nothing's working...it's just dead.

Did I kill my poor little phone : - ( , or should I leave it be for a couple more hours of charging?

Thanks!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
For the soft reset, you are using the Volume Down and Power Buttons together, right? Make sure you hold them down for a good while, up to 30 seconds if necessary until it vibrates. This issue has happened to me before though it's been awhile but I was able to get it back on by doing this.

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
For the soft reset, you are using the Volume Down and Power Buttons together, right? Make sure you hold them down for a good while, up to 30 seconds if necessary until it vibrates. This issue has happened to me before though it's been awhile but I was able to get it back on by doing this.

Thanks Maaz, good info! I was doing Volume Up+Power. I'll try Volume Down+Power to soft reset the unit.

I just perused the forum here and found that a couple of other people had the same issue....here's a good thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ead-windows-icon-flashing-while-charging.html

I'll leave it charging for a couple more hours and then try a soft reset.

JennyTan

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I found out as long as you have power cord connected to the wall, even the battery is low, you can use Volume Down and Power Buttons together to bring the OS back. You don't have to wait to charge up to bring the OS back

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I got panicked when my wife's Lumia 920 ran out of charge, couldn't seem to revive it ...
BUT, if you don't panic ... try just holding the POWER button until it vibrates (another soft reset). It came back with very low charge available, eventually fully charging & working fine (for about a month, now).

As MAAZ said, this could take up to 30 seconds, but release as soon as you feel the vibration.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pulled it out of my pocket, unlocked it, and it powered itself off with a low battery message.

Left it charging for about an hour and it came back online when it had about 2% battery left.

I flipped it out, did a couple things, powered it back off and left it charging.

So you only partially recovered it from a flat battery then you immediately stressed it again.

If it won't wake on it's own from being plugged into the factory charger you will need to replace the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb