Content To Sync??

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 640XL is running WP 8.1 Update 2 etc etc.

Question: If I go to Settings - Email+Accounts - Microsoft Account, I see some Microsoft Account settings. Are these also settings that apply to my Outlook email APP?

Question: If I uncheck the "CONTENT TO SYNC" box here, am I stopping written and received email from saving to OneDrive cloud? I'm not clear on what this means.

BlueOwl245

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What ever you tick will not be synced to your phone. it will still go to your account though.

Example, if you untick email. You will not receive emails on your phone. but if you go to the website on your desktop and login to your email, the mail will be there.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
In a MS account you only can "prevent" the syncing of your email to your phone (no OneDrive or cloud included). But contacts and calendar will be synced to the cloud and you can not prevent this.
If you add an additional account you also can control the syncing of contacts etc.

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So to be clear here, what you are saying is that the 'content to sync' checkbox is just controlling whether or not your phone is fed live email data from your MS Account (and also therefore, Outlook email)?

Blue Owl.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
And in the box "download new content" you can choose if it is live "as items arrive" or daily or ... And this "download new content" also controls your contacts and calendar.
So if you login on your PC and add a contact in your MS account and on your phone you have "as items arrive" the contact is added "live" in your phone and if it's daily you have to wait "a day".

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you you two for your POLITE and KIND helpful replies.

I only wish everyone on these forums was the same, rather than making snide and unpleasent mocking comments about me, while I try to learn about new technology and how it is to work best for me.
I think it best to avoid these forums in future - shame.

Blue Owl (writing yet more comments which he is happy to have etched into cloud forever...!)

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you you two for your POLITE and KIND helpful replies.

I only wish everyone on these forums was the same, rather than making snide and unpleasent mocking comments about me, while I try to learn about new technology and how it is to work best for me.
I think it best to avoid these forums in future - shame.

Blue Owl (writing yet more comments which he is happy to have etched into cloud forever...!)

Please stay with us! You will benefit, and so will we.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720