Battery at 0% level...?

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Here is a quick important question about my Lumia 640XL phone...

I managed to charge my phone just in time yesterday! The battery level reached just 2%!
My questions is, other than the obvious (ie, phone going dead), what happens if the battery level reaches 0%? Is any harm done to the phone, the OS, or any of my settings or data?

(For example, suppose I had stored on the phone or SD card, some photos, a few unread texts, etc? Would I lose them? Being signed In on my MS Account, would anything happen to that?

BO245.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Your phone switches of automatically if your battery is to low. And this should prevent any "damage".
If your battery is really really flat it will go in a kind of "coma". And it could take several hours on a chargers before it will be charged.
So basically your phone does not get harmed by a flat battery (you even could get a new battery) but if you really "over do it" you may need a hard reset after the battery is charged. And a hard reset will erase data on the internal memory.

Pictures etc on your SD card always can be accessed if you get the SD card out of your phone. With tests I am not sure but if you sync the text in the back up setting you keep them or maybe your provider has an option to see your texts offline.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Works the same way as a Laptop , any unsaved data will be lost while pictures,documents stored will not be harmed unless somehow your SD card gets damaged due to any reason whatsoever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion