Anyone with a 930 which doesn't have any problems?

andyhkg123

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
At least no overheating and screen waving .
Just here to confirm.
I bought a new 930 today and mine gets warm at the right bottom corner within 5minutes even though I close all background programs and turn on the battery savior option. (It was like a hot potato when I didnt make those settings)
This is my first window phone, is that most of window phones have similar overheating problems ?
I've heard so many ppl have overheating problems so is it just normal?
I can return my phone within 7days

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
To be honest, most of the Lumia flagships have had some issues or another. The 1520 was phantom touches. The 930 was overheating.
Most Lumias don't have an issue with it, it's just the 930. Something about the way it's designed. Return it, get a new one. Not every 930 has overheating issues.

Alteam

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I returned mine, they said it is normal that the phone gets hot while using it and returned the phone and forced me to pay

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Most phones have no issues, which is the case with all phones to varying degrees. Remember, you only hear about the bad things.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
It gets warm when the CPU use is high. The CPU use will be high when you first set up the phone as it is downloading a ton of updates. If you let it rest for the first half day that will go away.

The amount of heat is a subjective thing to some: to me the amount of heat from a 930 isn't an issue but to many it is. That said, most protective cases for the 930 insulate the user from the heat. I am using an IVSO Shield Cover and I never feel the phone getting hot, just a little warm. It might be worth getting a $10 case and seeing if it works for you before returning the phone - the 930 is really an excellent phone.

korbenn

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
No issues but overheating that...after playing nonstop for almost an hour never occured - it did not!

yesterday

after the mandatory update?

can't believe it

must try again

other than OH - I am in love with my phone.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I really like my 930 but since I had to do a restore of the operating system I have had a number of issues. The overheating has come back, there seems to be a random issue with WiFi (sometimes it does log on correctly) and finally back-up seems to have an issue every time it tries to back-up.

It's still a great phone and will be awesome when it is running Windows 10 Mobile.

Regards

Infinidim

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
When I first got mine it hot like hell.

But now it doesn't. I don't think it because I got use to it.

My 625H also hot when I first use it. Same with 930 but they calm down afterward

andyhkg123

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you guys . i guess 930 is phone that heats up and calms down really fast . i did'nt return my phone because now it just gets warm(not hot) and i'm okay with it . Another reason is I'm so in love with its metal casing , i'd probably miss it if i returned it .
So now i'll just buy a case to cover the heating part ;)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys . i guess 930 is phone that heats up and calms down really fast . i did'nt return my phone because now it just gets warm(not hot) and i'm okay with it . Another reason is I'm so in love with its metal casing , i'd probably miss it if i returned it .
So now i'll just buy a case to cover the heating part ;)
Enjoy...its a beautiful phone

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
My phone gets hot too when used for playing and seldom for other things too, but it is part of the design.
Still, I would not dare to use a cover and hinder the heat flow.

My phone is able to last way more than 20 hours if not used frequently and drains its battery fast if used for browsing and other things with many bright backgrounds: it is because of the AMOLED display for a big part.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had no issues in the current OS (8.1 Update 2). I now have a MS Band that has worked flawlessly with the 930. I think its a great phone and hope W10 will make it an exceptional phone..

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had no issues in the current OS (8.1 Update 2). I now have a MS Band that has worked flawlessly with the 930. I think its a great phone and hope W10 will make it an exceptional phone..

It really is exceptional on this latest build (10149)...the only thing that bothers me on a daily basis is lack of "hey Cortana".

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
guys ,i found out mine has screen flickering issues

Strong flickering? Or just some disturbances? I have them too seldom but they are so non-disturbing that I regularly forget that they happen now and then; most of the time I observe them when my phone tries to dim the screen strongly in darker places, mostly at night.

jerkwad_robot

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had my 930 for about three weeks, and while it does get a little warm (depending on what app is running), I am very happy with it. Ironically, mine get's hot with the windows central app. I've tweaked some things to make sure I am not wasting battery, but overall it's a great device.

andyhkg123

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
just a little . it happens when i scroll down the browser ,maybe it's firmware problem . Currently checking the battery by some monitor apps .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo