Anyone with a 930 which doesn't have any problems?

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
use wifi and IE for 45mins and it drops 20%

Sadly, that is quite normal for devices with an AMOLED display and a strong SoC like Snapdragon 800 and a meagre battery like the L930's.
(Browsing is said to be a heavy battery drainer on AMOLED devices.)

All we can hope for are some software and firmware tweaks in the future or to wait for the L940 and sell the L930 to buy the former, if it drains the battery much slower actively and passively.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
use wifi and IE for 45mins and it drops 20%
The battery in the 930 is no "beast". Mine lasts charge to charge(nightly), but I am not a heavy user. If it lasts the day for you, try not to obsess about the percentage drops. It does seem to drop pretty quickly from the 100% mark but then kind of evens out. Again, it's all going to depend on your needs. At the end of the day, if these things keep you from enjoying the phone, then its not worth keeping.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine gets hot with normal use, battery drains faster and bottom of the phone is very hot.

After the latest update from Microsoft its been heating up more often.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
As I've said before, I had a 930 for around 6 months, then sold it for lack of LTE. I have since had an 830, which I like quite a lot as well. I have had 3 other 930's come through, and they are getting harder and harder to resell. I almost cried with the last one.

So, today I bought yet another 930. This may be the one that replaces the 830.

As for screen flicker, I don't think I ever had it. It could get a little warm when I first got it, but it seemed to calm itself down over time.

I really can't figure the overheating issue, as Icons have the same design, and don't overheat (I don't think). I have noticed that Icons tend to have a more copper heat dissipation tape that emanates from the processor, and covers about half the battery. The 930's that I've had don't really have much at all copper heat tape.

I actually have an Icon coming in as well. If anyone's interested, I'll open them both, and see if it holds true for these two, and if so, post a pic of them side by side. Then, maybe I'll steal the tape from the Icon if I decide to keep the 930.:amaze:

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Best phone I've ever owned... Heading back to one again next week.

It's better than iphone 6 and 6 plus, galaxy s5, note 3, xperia z3, Htc one m8, and many more phones I've owned....

paulrob

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. The only issues are lack of apps in the Store and geo-blocking of many of the apps that do exist. I bought an MS Band at an MS Store when I was visiting in USA. Phone had to be confriggured to USA before it would download the app. Thankfully it still worked when I came back home to the land of Oz and configured it back for the real world.
Phone gets warm when using it, but I wouldn't say "hot". No worse than a lot of android phones I had in the past.
Screen is steady and clear. Except for my fingerprint smudges and my granddaughter's ice cream fingers.
Any minor issues I may have had from time to time usually get fixed with a restart.
I should add, this is my second Nokia 930 phone though. My first one was DOA from the Telstra store (wouldn't boot at all, not even after several hours on the charger) so I took it back & swapped it for a good one. So yes, there's a quality control issue there.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully we will get "update 2" soon which should sort out a lot of issues that we have on our 930's. My wife has a 640 and it really works well. If it wasn't for the camera on the 930 I would change mine to a 640.

Regards

Infinidim

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully when Windows 10 for phones is released it can solve most software issues.

Overheating has always been an issues since I've bought mine, anything like maps and videos will increase the heat alot.

I've become used to the heat, keeps my palms and fingers warm in the cold I guess lol.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully when Windows 10 for phones is released it can solve most software issues.

Overheating has always been an issues since I've bought mine, anything like maps and videos will increase the heat alot.

I've become used to the heat, keeps my palms and fingers warm in the cold I guess lol.

Yes it gets hot, but no matter how hot, it never shuts down like the iphone does. And then it won't even let you turn it back on untill it cools hahaha :)

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes it gets hot, but no matter how hot, it never shuts down like the iphone does. And then it won't even let you turn it back on untill it cools hahaha :)

no, only the touch is unresponsive :(
when is hot the touch of my 930 is unresponsive
I send it to service

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Zero issue 930 here, guess I was lucky. Phone is great, will get warm when doing heavy tasks but I consider that normal behavior of all laptops, cell phones and tablets.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I get the following issues:

1) Random screen tap mismatch - my taps will often trigger incorrect actions.

2) Over heating back of bottom right corner.

3) Screen flickering when using data connection.

4) Bad reception during phone use - I suspect this is a software bug from Denim, as it used to be fine before Demin update

aqi

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
iv got a L930 with no issue at all its just that 2 weeks back i dropped it and now the screen has gone dead.
i had bought it from UAE. From the time then i hardly had issues with it yer upon multi operations it did heat up but not like a hot potato. You should replace your phone immediately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers