T mobile $30 prepaid plan

ricrocks12

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
If you look on t mobiles prepaid plan site and scroll down to other monthly plans there is a $30 and $35 plan for "devices purchased from WalMart or devices activated on tmobile.com"

Has anyone been able to buy a tmobile Lumia 640 from WalMart and use it on one of these prepaid plans?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have LTE data.

After 5 gig it can drop to 3G.
T-mobile has never capped me though.

Posted from the ZenFone2 via the WC app for Android

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been on the $30 plan for a few years; it works just as well on a T-Mobile Lumia 640 purchased at WalMart as it does on a T-Mobile Lumia 635 from Amazon or a Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store. Just move the sim card from phone to phone. You can tell that the plan is a good deal by how un-prominently T-Mobile includes it in their website.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been on the $30 plan for a few years; it works just as well on a T-Mobile Lumia 640 purchased at WalMart as it does on a T-Mobile Lumia 635 from Amazon or a Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store. Just move the sim card from phone to phone. You can tell that the plan is a good deal by how un-prominently T-Mobile includes it in their website.

We tried to get that plan a few months back after seeing it on their website and they told us we had to buy the phone from walmart or we couldn't get it.

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Who is "they"?

The phone doesn't have to be bought from Walmart. You just go to the T-Mobile Prepaid website, order the correct sim card for your phone, then once you get it, sign up for the $30 plan on T-Mobile's website. You can't do it at a T-Mobile store.

essinger

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think you must either activate the account from Walmart or via the T-Mobile website. I don't think you can activate it by phone or from T-Mobile associates.

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I liked having the $45/mo from AT&T when I was prepaid and getting 10% off via Callingmart coupons. Roll over minutes are kinda nice for those on it today.

But the new $30/mo plan from T-mobile is not too shabby. If you can get buy with skype for calling or another IP phone service, your 100min will never get used.

That said, I'd still like to see AT&T bring back the $40/mo prepaid and tethering with 1GB. (wife was on that for 500MB, but, needed just a bit more)

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Who is "they"?

The phone doesn't have to be bought from Walmart. You just go to the T-Mobile Prepaid website, order the correct sim card for your phone, then once you get it, sign up for the $30 plan on T-Mobile's website. You can't do it at a T-Mobile store.
T-mobile support, called them about it and they said nope not available to you even though we had T-mobile phones already. Our 2 year contract was up and we just wanted to switch to something cheaper. We ended going elsewhere in the end.

Desert Demon

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been on the $30 prepaid plan since Buying a Lumia 521 from Fry's Electronics almost 2 years ago. Started the plan on the T-Mobile website. Bought a 640 from Walmart on 6/19 and installed the SIM from the 521. Works great.

dhartsock

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I did not realize I could just pull the SIM from my 635, insert in a 640 and go. Nothing else? I love the $30 plan. A real plus in my book is when I am pushing 100 minutes talk I just add $10. Whatever I do not use is credited to next month's $30.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes