New AT&T Lumia 830 Owner, need help with 2 things (FireTVstick, Netflix)

TheNamelessMan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks ahead of time for any information, going nuts trying to figure this out.

1. I have an Amazon Fire TV stick. I want to mirror my screen but the phone doesn't see the stick when I go to "Project My Screen" I have the Microsoft wireless display adapter, but have no idea how to update firmware on it.

​2. Is there any way to watch Netflix on this phone?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
as far as the amazon fire tv stick.... i wouldn't bother. miracast on it is horrible. tried with various devices and on average a 3-4 second delay. for the miracast adapter, i think you have to download the adapter app from the windows store on your PC to update the firmware.

netflix seems to be a netflix issue. my guess is that it probably won't get fixed until windows phone 10 (final, not insider).

TheNamelessMan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The microsoft display dongle actually was not bad, it synced quick and there was no real noticeable delay. still not as good as a wired connection though.

i just wish I knew how to update the dongle firmware.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The microsoft display dongle actually was not bad, it synced quick and there was no real noticeable delay. still not as good as a wired connection though.

i just wish I knew how to update the dongle firmware.

well, my netgear miracast adapter works great too.... the firetv stick, not so much.

like i said, you can use the microsoft miracast app in the windows store to configure and update the dongle from a windows pc
Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app for Windows in the Windows Store

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
as far as the amazon fire tv stick.... i wouldn't bother. miracast on it is horrible. tried with various devices and on average a 3-4 second delay. for the miracast adapter, i think you have to download the adapter app from the windows store on your PC to update the firmware.

netflix seems to be a netflix issue. my guess is that it probably won't get fixed until windows phone 10 (final, not insider).

Netflix was fixed with the Denim update, problem is ATT 830's don't have the Denim update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa