Lumia 930 Video recording overheating message.

YAMAZAKARIA

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have my lumia 930 for about 1 month now and i really like everything about it, the photos are great, it's fast, the battery last ~ 2 days with normal use.

BUT, a few days ago i wanted to record a video and after a while the phone stoped recording and an overheating message poped up, i tested continuous recording on 3 diffirents video settings and here are the highest results before overheating message.:
720p 24fps = 27min29sec.
1080p 30fps = 13min00sec.
4K 30fps = 06min44sec.

i wonder if it's normal or not, it would be a shame to be able to have 4k recording capabilities only to get limited to a short time because of an overheating "issue"

Can you guys test these configurations and post your highest recording time ?
Does it have anything to do with the software or it's all hardware ?
I heard there was a new update to the lumia camera app fixing some video bugs does it have anything to do with what i'm talking about ?
Do you think WM10 could fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have my lumia 930 for about 1 month now and i really like everything about it, the photos are great, it's fast, the battery last ~ 2 days with normal use.

BUT, a few days ago i wanted to record a video and after a while the phone stoped recording and an overheating message poped up, i tested continuous recording on 3 diffirents video settings and here are the highest results before overheating message.:
720p 24fps = 27min29sec.
1080p 30fps = 13min00sec.
4K 30fps = 06min44sec.

i wonder if it's normal or not, it would be a shame to be able to have 4k recording capabilities only to get limited to a short time because of an overheating "issue"

Can you guys test these configurations and post your highest recording time ?
Does it have anything to do with the software or it's all hardware ?
I heard there was a new update to the lumia camera app fixing some video bugs does it have anything to do with what i'm talking about ?
Do you think WM10 could fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance.
The fact that Microsoft actually enabled 4K video on this device is amazing. The oveheating issue shouldn't happened on the latest chipsets though. The snapdragon 800 used in this is a bit old now.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
From what I recall sony's xperias were also overheating when recording in 4K in due to this they could only do so for limited amount of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720