SIM Unlock for Lumia 830 feels

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey All. So I went through the standard process on ATT's web portal to fetch the SIM Unlock code for my Lumia 830.
I got the code, and it all looks great. I put in a TMO SIM card and put in the code, precisely, and it says, "Incorrect Code". I say "Hmm, pretty sure it's right." And enter it again. Second time, it says: "SIM ERROR".

Here's the thing. Every time I try after that second attempt, I get "SIM ERROR". When I restart the device, it's the same thing, incorrect first, then sim error thereafter. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and been able to resolve it? Or can help me identify what's going on here? It was hard reset not too long ago, straight to the latest ATT update.

​Any help's welcome.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest contacting AT&T again and telling them the code doesn't work.

Don't keep entering it over and over again. If you enter the wrong code too many times, your device will be hard locked to AT&T and require cable unlocking (need to send the device away to an unlocking firm that offers that service and for a steep price).

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I think you have less than 10 times total to enter code...ASK for code again make sure you didn't enter it incorrectly
( get a friend to call out the numbers one by one to you) before trying or you could be locked to ATT or even bricked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism