signal reception problem

juve89

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
i have a new nokia luma 640 lte. i am noticing that it has some problems with reception, sometimes it has full bar or near full but some times it has no reception at all. why is that happening ? and is it just me?
what can i do to solve this problem?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
i have a new nokia luma 640 lte. i am noticing that it has some problems with reception, sometimes it has full bar or near full but some times it has no reception at all. why is that happening ? and is it just me?
Have you ever had a similar problem with your previous phone? This sounds more like an area thing to me, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I tend to agree with previous reponse from @libra89. I would also check with another LTE capable phone for the same service provider. Assuming you are in US it is either ATT or T-Mobile.

You can try to run the field test by dialing ##DATA# (##3282#) using the dial pad. You will be taken to field test page with the warning and 'Accept' button.
NOTE: Please read the warning before you click Accept. If you do not wish to proceed, please click the back button to get back the dial pad.

If you choose to 'Accept', then scroll down and select 'LTE' option. NOTE: This is a read only info. Check the signal strength for RSRP (Reference Signal Received Power) and RSRQ (Reference Signal Received Quality) values when you see full bar or no reception. Accordingly call your service provider and report the problem. NOTE: Once again, cross check using another LTE phone with the same service provider before you call tech support. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99