Went to AT&T to check out XL, sales guy says "Windows Sucks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. Let's not get someone in trouble because they said that the lumia 640 xl sucks. I mean come on now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Lol! Says the person posting from an Android.

More than likely, the more I think about it, it's the manager that needs more training on how to train people.

barondebxl

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Lol! Says the person posting from an Android.

More than likely, the more I think about it, it's the manager that needs more training on how to train people.

What does me posting via an android has anything to do with it? I would be more credible if I used a Windows phone?

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
What does me posting via an android has anything to do with it? I would be more credible if I used a Windows phone?

WP fanboys are getting as bad as Apple's.. I never understood the mentality that one must only use 1 ecosystem and hate all the others.

barondebxl

May 4, 2015
Visit site
WP fanboys are getting as bad as Apple's.. I never understood the mentality that one must only use 1 ecosystem and hate all the others.

I know right. Things like that turn people into idiots because they stop being rational and reasonable and instead become fully emotional.

Personally there's no way I could only use one OS, I love all 3 major OS, IOS, Android and windows phone. I can't imagine how boring it would be to use one only.

Last edited:

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Because I have seen Android after Android say the same thing about WP. But that's why I put the LOL, it was a joke, not meant necessarily you, but as a general rule, there are many Android and iOS fans that bash Windows Phone and think it's perfectly alright.

I doubt you can find one post of mine where I tear down and "hate" on either Android or iOS. I do not care for either, as a matter of personal tastes and needs, but each platform has it's place.

What I found disconcerting about the sales person was not that WP was bashed, as I've already stated, but that he was bashing ANY product he sold is just plain bad for a sales person, period.

I would not have complained if it were a person on these forums saying it, as you can fully expect differences of agreement here. But for someone who sells the product, it's just career suicide. If you've ever been management in retail, and I have, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Why do people keep defending the indefensible?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

It is just silly your comment in general. I probably would have said the same thing the person you responded to said. You're basically defending the sales guys ignorance.

Windows phone users are nothing like apple users. You see windows phone users mentality is more akin to the outcasts and thus they tend to overcompensate.

Apple I have noticed since joining ios fulltime is a lot more arrogant and entitled and come off as snobbish in my opinion.

Personally I find android fans to be the worst.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Let's make this easy without risking anyone's employment:

1. If the employee is unhelpful, find another associate or leave and go to another location. Hint: vote with your wallet.
2. If the employee is harassing or otherwise unprofessional, put a complaint in with the store manager or find the customer service number a speak with someone at corporate. If it is just an FYI, leave it at that. If you feel inclined to get resolution, ask for an update / call back.
3. If the employee did something illegal, immoral, an/or unethical it's time to escalate things even further.

That being said, you aren't the employee's manager. You have no power to hire or fire, nor is it your place to decide if they in fact should be.

If an employee isn't doing the job the way they are supposed to be doing it then yes I have a right to complain as does anyone. Why punish the entire store because one employee sucks. That's a sale loss and it makes you wonder then how many other potential sales have been lost.

This sales rep jeopardized their own job. Me or anyone else complaining aren't the reason why.

I work in sales and I often have to sell products I don't particularly like but it isn't my Jo to badmouth a product someone is interested in. Nor was it his.

barondebxl

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Because I have seen Android after Android say the same thing about WP. But that's why I put the LOL, it was a joke, not meant necessarily you, but as a general rule, there are many Android and iOS fans that bash Windows Phone and think it's perfectly alright.

Of course you'll find android fans do the same thing as well as IOS fans. But we're talking about this particular situation here. That also shows that it's people trying to defend their OS which is dumb.

barondebxl

May 4, 2015
Visit site
It is just silly your comment in general. I probably would have said the same thing the person you responded to said. You're basically defending the sales guys ignorance.

Windows phone users are nothing like apple users. You see windows phone users mentality is more akin to the outcasts and thus they tend to overcompensate.

Apple I have noticed since joining ios fulltime is a lot more arrogant and entitled and come off as snobbish in my opinion.

Personally I find android fans to be the worst.

You see, this is idiotic comments like this that I'm talking about. You have put aside your intellectual faculties and speak from an emotional perspective as a Windows phone ******. No one is going to take you seriously. I mean read what you wrote.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
If an employee isn't doing the job the way they are supposed to be doing it then yes I have a right to complain as does anyone. Why punish the entire store because one employee sucks

That one employee represents the entire store. If that employee sours my interest in making a purchase, I'm going to take my business elsewhere. Period. The store isn't being punished because of my lost sale if they are oblivious to what is going on. However, if my scenario plays out 10-15 times a day it will eventually become to resonate with management and they would hopefully then take steps to prevent the departure of additional customers.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You see, this is idiotic comments like this that I'm talking about. You have put aside your intellectual faculties and speak from an emotional perspective as a Windows phone ******. No one is going to take you seriously. I mean read what you wrote.

And yours is the same idiotic comment I and others were talking about :)

You do realize 'fanboys' exist for everything....from Gaming to Sports teams to Clothing to Phone OS, OEMS and Of course Desktop OS....it's natural.

You act as if windows phone fanboys are any different than people who get fired up about their favorite teams lol. You sound utterly ridiculous. It's just how humans work.

I am on another forum geared around Kpop and you have fans who fight with each other about members WITHIN THE SAME GROUP(similar to how Lumia vs HTC vs Samsung fans are).

It is trivial and silly and ridiculous at time...but it is also quite natural and it comes from the fact that just like with haters, fans spark up and both want their opinions heard.
It is only natural for someone to get defensive of a product that you feel strongly about and feel slighted when someone speaks negatively of it. I haven't put aside my 'intellectual facilities' for anything...it's called being human. It's not being a ******.

Furthermore, I would say the same thing about any OS/Product not just a windows phone because I am a fan first and foremost of great customer service. I work in sales/marketing so I know what to do and not to do. So my opinions are less of '******' and more of someone who has been in a store and had a sales rep try to steer me and indirectly question/mock my choice of a product I want to buy.

it's quite disheartening and a bit off-putting when you have a keen interest in a product(be it whatever) and you go to a store to ask those who sell the product and they flat out show no interest in educating you.

That one employee represents the entire store. If that employee sours my interest in making a purchase, I'm going to take my business elsewhere. Period. The store isn't being punished because of my lost sale if they are oblivious to what is going on. However, if my scenario plays out 10-15 times a day it will eventually become to resonate with management and they would hopefully then take steps to prevent the departure of additional customers.

All the more reason to complain so that your experience with a crappy *** rep may be the last and prevents another customer from experiencing the same. You can still leave and take your business elsewhere....and still file a complaint.

That's what I do.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Of course you'll find android fans do the same thing as well as IOS fans. But we're talking about this particular situation here.

You keep trying to point out that it's a WP fan's fault for getting offended. The REAL situation we're talking about has nothing to do with Android, iOS, or WP or the fans of each respective OS. You just don't get it. It's about incompetence in retail. Game over.

I'm outta here.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
All the more reason to complain so that your experience with a crappy *** rep may be the last and prevents another customer from experiencing the same. You can still leave and take your business elsewhere....and still file a complaint.

Not everyone has that kind of time.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I doubt you can find one post of mine where I tear down and "hate" on either Android or iOS. I do not care for either, as a matter of personal tastes and needs, but each platform has it's place.

What I found disconcerting about the sales person was not that WP was bashed, as I've already stated, but that he was bashing ANY product he sold is just plain bad for a sales person, period.

I would not have complained if it were a person on these forums saying it, as you can fully expect differences of agreement here. But for someone who sells the product, it's just career suicide. If you've ever been management in retail, and I have, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Agreed. What I said was over the top. People should just chill out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea