How bad is it?

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Really interested in getting a 1520 but I keep reading horror stories about phantom touch issues. This has really scared me off. Especially of buying used. Is it really as prevalent as the internets make it seem? I generally take good care of my phones. Never had a screen crack or water damage of any kind. Most of my phones remained in pretty good shape until I exchanged them for a new device. What's everyone's take? I'm almost convinced to just get the 640 xl as it'll meet my needs pretty well. Mostly I want a bigger screen for video and web surfing. Don't do gaming. I do shoot video and like taking photos. I enjoyed my windows phone experience in the past and am interested in jumping back into the game. I'm afraid of getting a wonky 1520 though. If it weren't for the phantom touch thing I'd jump on it because it looks exactly like what I want.

F1WP

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I believe the latest firmware update for the 1520 largely fixed the touch issues. I don't think there is any problem. Just make sure you have the latest update

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Phantom touch issues are a common complaint but not a common phenomenon, if that makes sense to you. When your dealing with a pretty reliable product your going to have fewer problems. Those that do occur are not going to be drowned out in the complaint noise typically seen in a less stable device.

Take the Nexus 6 for example. It does have sensitivity issues when exposed to higher screen stress situations. You will not see many complaints about it because the crashes, poor performance, poor battery life, and so on are more acute. So take it all with a grain of salt.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Phantom touch issues are a common complaint but not a common phenomenon, if that makes sense to you. When your dealing with a pretty reliable product your going to have fewer problems. Those that do occur are not going to be drowned out in the complaint noise typically seen in a less stable device.

Take the Nexus 6 for example. It does have sensitivity issues when exposed to higher screen stress situations. You will not see many complaints about it because the crashes, poor performance, poor battery life, and so on are more acute. So take it all with a grain of salt.

Yet I've seen two friends both with perfectly working 6's.

he's right you know mf.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs