How do I sort this out?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how do i sort this out?

i accidentally dropped my Nokia lumia 620 in a bucket of water, i got it out within 5 or 10 seconds and dried it out a well as i could but when i turn it on, it goes to the battery charging screen but with a question mark instead of the usual charger icon and then goes dead again. it had about 85% charge when i dropped it. Ive dropped it in a river before and it was fine.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i sort this out?

You should not have tried to turn it on, not for an extended period of time. That's what I notice happening commonly. People drop their phones in the ocean, river, tub, etc. and immediately try to power it on. NO DON'T DO IT BE PATIENT.

Something has definitely been damaged, but what, is the question. Maybe its just the battery or something, but I'd write off the phone if you could. If you get it going again, I'm worried of cascading part failures.

You just got really lucky last time with the river, or things were damaged that you didn't notice.

EDIT: For future reference: http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124-so-you-got-your-phone-wet-what-can-you-do-try-save.html

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb